• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • samwathegreat

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    I'm glad to see that alot of people are praising the P3at. I'm looking at getting one. Heard something about ejecting problems. Anyone care to comment on this? Thanks in advance.

TacticAll

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2014
    Indianapolis
    I EDC the TCP in an IWB holster on my right front side and really don't even notice it. I like this rather than on the pocket because of faster access. I added the pierce extension and it fits my large hands just fine. I love the last shot hold open feature and I am confident that the gun will always fire. For that reason I bought one for my son as well. He carries in the small of his back with a Tagua tacky holster no clip so you can also us it in the pocket. (Very versatile) I think you will like either the Keltec or TCP so just go with the one you like holding in your hand. For me it was the TCP. let us know what you end up with and how you like it!

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I EDC the TCP in an IWB holster on my right front side and really don't even notice it. I like this rather than on the pocket because of faster access. I added the pierce extension and it fits my large hands just fine. I love the last shot hold open feature and I am confident that the gun will always fire. For that reason I bought one for my son as well. He carries in the small of his back with a Tagua tacky holster no clip so you can also us it in the pocket. (Very versatile) I think you will like either the Keltec or TCP so just go with the one you like holding in your hand. For me it was the TCP. let us know what you end up with and how you like it!
    I think the OP needs a little bit more time to make up his mind. Don't wanna rush into any hasty decisions and regret them later. :)

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    The only issue I have with the TCP is short stroking the trigger. Try it at the range, or unloaded at home. Pull the trigger and release the hammer. Now, without taking pressure off the trigger cycle the slide like it would in normal operation. Slowly let the trigger out until you feel a click. If you pull the trigger again before it fully resets you will drop the hammer from its rest position instead of the fire position and lock up the gun. Only solution is to reset the hammer by cycling the slide by hand.

marv

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Gatchel, IN
    The only issue I have with the TCP is short stroking the trigger. Try it at the range, or unloaded at home. Pull the trigger and release the hammer. Now, without taking pressure off the trigger cycle the slide like it would in normal operation. Slowly let the trigger out until you feel a click. If you pull the trigger again before it fully resets you will drop the hammer from its rest position instead of the fire position and lock up the gun. Only solution is to reset the hammer by cycling the slide by hand.
    Ruger LCR has the same false reset click. S&W 642 has just one click but the trigger has to be all the way forward before it clicks. Solution: let the trigger go all the way forward before pulling it again.

medcoxo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Indy, Westside
    I was going to reply, but see this is from 2010, but since others have already chimed in,, I carry the P3AT, and plan on getting the Taurus. I am a Taurus fan.

Top Bottom