• ...and so much more!
  • T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Ok so weird thing today. Me and the brother in law went shooting today with my new Taurus .380. Shot 100 rounds of Sellier & Bellot FMJ's with no problems, shot great. Then I shot a couple of mags of this 102 grain Remington ultimate home defense ammo and saw actual sparks coming out the barrel. It shot accurately, it did have 2 FTF's in a row on first mag, but none after that. I verified the sparkler effect with my bro in law, as he saw this too so I'm fairly sure I'm not crazy. Any thoughts? I think the box said something about Brass Jacketed Hollow Point. Never seen this before..:dunno:

Knuckle Head

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    NWI
    Most likely it was just your ammo. Wally World sells Remington hollows in a green and white box for cheap and my first experience with said ammo was similar. I had sparks hit my arms and face, it was an interesting experience. Seems to be common with the more inexpensive ammo, hollow point or not. The strange thing is that it wasn't all the time so not sure how common it is for this ammo, but it was definitely your ammo. Just stick with S&B or switch to another brand.

dice dealer

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Harrison county
    the 102 GR remington ammo is a Hot load , and in a barrel that short it is probably not burning off all of the Powder , so the powder is burning off after it leaves the barrel ......so you get sparks ...
    If nothing else it will be cool to watch if you shoot it at night ...:rockwoot:

:ingo::patriot:

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Not really the powder: Remington's Golden Sabre bullet jackets tend to thow off some weird flash signature. Pretty much any Golden Sabre I have fired (regardless of caliber) sparked like a Japanese kid's toy. The Home Defense stuff is just repackaged Golden Sabres.

On a side note: Usually the "Home Defense" stuff comes in 20 round boxes (compared to the regular Golden Sabre's 25 round boxes) and is the same price as the 25 rounders. Remington's way of ripping us off just a little more... :(

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Okay, well I feel a little better about this stuff. I'm glad I'm not the only one who has seen this, maybe I will shoot some on the 4th of July and catch it on video. Thanks for the info folks.

Top Bottom