• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • barnstormer37

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2013
    Hard-to-find but I lucked out. I really wanted 4" barrel, had to get 6 1/2". Got it in blue which suits me fine. Just about all I could find on line was expired auctions, did find one that the guy was askin' $550! I made some calls around Indy, visited two or three shops as well as Gander Mtn. and sent some emails. Got a email response from a small shop earlier this week, said he had one coming in next week. Got another email yesterday (Thur. Feb. 28), said it was in.

This is a Taurus Tracker with two cylinders, .22LR and .22WMR, nice looking revolver.

Went and got it this morning, $65 less than the one on line and no shipping charge or FFL fee. Figure I saved at least $100. He even had a fair supply of .22LR for about $10 a hundred so I picked up 300 rounds. Sad part about that is I had (foolishly) paid about $40 for 100 rounds at Plainfied just because I was glad to find someone who had some. And now (drum roll please) the good part. Went to Gander Mtn. Castleton to look for some stuff, asked about .22WMR, got their last box of 250! Now to head to the brother-in-law's farm in Ohio and do some shootin'.

Yeh, I know it's long, but I just wanted to share.

Top Bottom