• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I'm really thinking about buying one while the rebate is on, and load up some light 115gr ammunition to see if I can't get my DIL away from her Ruger LCP 2 22lr.
    I'd feel better with her being better armed just in case someone tries something while my son is at work. However, a 22lr is better than nothing.
    She's coming along pretty good, but I'd like to talk her into getting some classes with a certified trainer.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

$239
    $6 shipping tonight only
    No sales tax

These have a $50 rebate also.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

$239
    $6 shipping tonight only
    No sales tax

These have a $50 rebate also.
    The $6 shipping has been extended through today.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Took mine to the range, and I really like it, groups were just about what a 61 year old man shooting at 10 yards would be...fist size groups ( me, not the gun) didn't run as much HP ammo as I would have liked, but it fed all I put through it, and sadly I'm considering starting to carry it as my EDC, as it's lighter than my 9c and hold as many rounds....Sadly, because I love my M&P.......the GX4 is my truck gun as of right now....

MrGiggles

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2023
    Carmel
    Maybe I'm worrying too much, but a recall just doesn't look great for them, and they were already kinda known for qc issues. Am I worrying too much lol

BlueDrew2

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2021
    Hancock Co
    I still am very hesitant to recommend to family/friends. I am considering picking one up to evaluate. I was very off put from Taurus from a family members experience with one of their railed 1911's when they first came out. As previously discussed, it seems they are under new management and are trying to step up quality control. Hoping for a 41 mag revolver as have previously been offered by taurus.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Maybe I'm worrying too much, but a recall just doesn't look great for them, and they were already kinda known for qc issues. Am I worrying too much lol
    The TX22 is American made, and mine has been flawless.
    Many other are reporting the same. It is one of the most reliable 22lr semi-auto pistols out there out of the box right now.
    I've ran thousands of rds through mine without any issues.
    They had a leading of the barrel problem at start, but that is no longer an issue. My TX22 hasn't had that problem.
    It shoots everything from standard velocity to HV to Hyper velocity from any brand I've used without any problems.

Trebor657

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 1, 2017
    Fort wayne
    I have a GX4 that I have fired hundreds of rounds through....I have never had even one issue with it...It's a great little shooter and pretty accurate....I don't let others influence my choices much, I research and then research some more and make my own informed decision...Yes it's a Taurus, so what? Other major brands have had malfunctions or recalls and remain as popular as ever...Because there is something that goes wrong doesn't automatically classify it as "junk"...I just don't get why some bash or are hesitant because of a couple of folks don't approve.....Was mine one of the ones recently recalled, yes....did I send it for repair, yes....Will I continue to carry it when I get it back, yes...provided I shoot it first and it functions as it should....Ford or Chevy? Democrat or Republican? Make your own informed choices, don't let your decision be made by others....

GX4a.JPG

MrGiggles

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2023
    Carmel
    I think I probably will buy the tx22. Been sitting on it for a while. I probably wouldn't buy a taurus for a self-defense gun, but for a range trainer at that price, may as well.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    If you own one check to see if it's effected. S&W has had recalls and so has Ruger.

I had one of the early TX22s with issues and got rid of it I just got a TX22 competition and it is fantastic.

Of course there is a lot of difference when you are talking a self defense gun.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Mine is not subject to the recall, but it is now my EDC, my brother is trying to convince me to trade it to him.... he has a S&W .22 that was my Dad's, but unless it is a model 41, I'm not trading....

Top Bottom