• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    are you saying you are of low character and not to be believed?

are you really questioning the character of someone based on the gun they own? some people cant afford anything more...

IGW - Dross' post is dripping with sarcasm and other assorted leftovers. See this thread: Taurus 1911s and "expensive" 1911s. It became quite the carnival.

Taurus handguns are fine. Not top shelf but not saturday night specials either.

Side question: Taurus... do they now own Rossi/Puma (or does Rossi/Puma own Taurus?)

.40plinker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    I shot my old roommate's Millenium .45 that has had MAYBE 500 rounds through it and that was enough for me. The trigger pull was insanely long and there was no consistency to it. A couple of times I squeezed the trigger all of the way down without the firing pin dropping. I let off of the trigger, squeezed again and it fired the second time. My roommate shot my XD40 with a 22# spring and tungsten guide rod for the first time that day. He halved the size of his grouping just going from his gun to mine on the first magazine.

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    owned a few different taurus/rossi in a few flavors. no problems.
    the wife carries a .38 titanium. good firearms for a good price.

bRAD

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 12, 2009
    I have owned a PT-140 Pro, PT-145 Pro, and now 2 of the 24/7 pro's and they have all been quality guns that performed flawlessly. I personally like the 24/7 the most out of any 9mm that i have shot, that would include the glock. This is only my 2 cents.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    We (Bradis) probably sell more Taurus handguns by brand than any other. We also see our fair share of problems with them (both customer bring-backs and brand-new guns that arrive DOA and should never have left the factory to begin with). With the semi-autos, the Millenniums seem to be the worst, and the 92/100 Series seem to be the best in terms of initial quality and reliability. There was a span of about a year where the little PT-22/25s were so bad that we considered dropping them entirely, but they seem to have gotten better. Biggest problem we've had with the wheelguns is that they occasionally show up up with the onboard lock "frozen" in place (unable to be operated using the supplied key). Taurus USA is good about taking care of all of the above issues under warranty, but the shipping/repair/return process takes FOR-FRIGGIN-EVER. A lot of times, the customer opts to just have a local 'smith take care of it so they're not without their gun for 3-4 months, even if it costs them a few bucks.

Just a few observations from a guy who doesn't own any Tauri, but sells the heck out of 'em. :twocents:

Sorry if everyone didn't get my tongue-in-cheek humor earlier. No sarcasm in this one.

I've read posts from people who sell Taurus products. I can't argue with your experience, and a must admit, your sampling is much more statistically valid than mine. I've also read posts by people who sell them who swear by them. It's hard to get a firm understanding about these controversial guns. My argument is with those who rant who have no experience owning them or selling them, but expect us to believe that they've seen dozens of Taurus products fail right next to them at the range. I've read my share of those.

And my experience with three pistols, is admittedly anecdotal, as is the seller's, but credence should be given to more experience rather than less.

danmrt868

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    ft. wayne
    well i have had 2 pt 911b and they both shot very well and no problems at all, only thing is i didn't get my key with either of them. but the guns shot great

exodusc20v3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    Taurus

The ones I have used or fired, were very light millenium framed, kinda kick a bit, but pretty accurate for the price.

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    Sorry if everyone didn't get my tongue-in-cheek humor earlier. No sarcasm in this one.

I've read posts from people who sell Taurus products. I can't argue with your experience, and a must admit, your sampling is much more statistically valid than mine. I've also read posts by people who sell them who swear by them. It's hard to get a firm understanding about these controversial guns. My argument is with those who rant who have no experience owning them or selling them, but expect us to believe that they've seen dozens of Taurus products fail right next to them at the range. I've read my share of those.

And my experience with three pistols, is admittedly anecdotal, as is the seller's, but credence should be given to more experience rather than less.

Man I am right there with you on that one!!!! Repped!!! :rockwoot::patriot:

sanzo87

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 11, 2008
    Muncie IN for now
    I wouldn't worry about Taurus handguns. I have owned a few never a prob. including a 24/7 pro in 40 and a revolver or 2 and if you didn't know Rossie are also made Taurus just a lil fyi. They like every other gun maker have some that just dont work right, but that happens even with Kimbers, Glock, Bretta and every other gun maker its just something that happens sadly. so i wouldn't worry about what people say too much they are good guns and priced well as well.

Last edited:

XFCTR

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    Columbus
    First handgun I owned is a Taurus PT101AF 40 S&W. Great gun I got off my brother for 4 bills. This is a Bereta look-a-like in stainless. The only problem I have ever had out of that gun is finding a good tactical holster. It is a bit wider than the Beretas so when I try a holster it racks the slide. Good ole uncle mikes allows me to take it to the range from time to time. I have seen some good looking Tauruses and I have seen some I would be too afraid they would blow my hand off if I shot them. So, I understand the sceptacism behind this brand. Supposedly they had a good waranty and have heard if you have problems they will fix it no problem. But, that was a long time ago and I havn't heard anything about it since.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I will say Taurus has made some bad autos in the past. My Dad owns a 92, and has not had a lick of problems with it. The new 24/7 have gotten some good reviews.

45acp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2008
    Carmel
    I have a Taurus 1911 45 and it's a great Gun as a matter of fact I just purchased a 15 round mag for it.

Top Bottom