First-24-617.jpg

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Smith and Wesson had something very similar many years ago. First marketed with the S&W 500 revolver, they later released it with a couple other pistols including the Sigma Series. Their's came in a Pelican case and I still kick myself for not getting a couple when Whittakers put the 9mm Sigma versions on clearance for $350 (pelican case, pistol w/ 2 mags, bunch of survival stuff)

Wheeler78

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 20, 2010
    NWI
    A bit steep? Lol I'd say so. But hey for the non peppers some is better then none. But sadly the best addition they could have made would be a survival guide... most people who would buy this throw it in their basement and forget about it “just in case” probably aren't the best trained. But then again a book isn't a big seller for a gun company.

OneShotFOGE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I dont even think you'd need to be an expert to recreate this. Just take a pelican box, toss in your choice of handgun and knive, throw in some paracord and spice it up with a flashlight, batteries, and a bic lighter with some dryer lint.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I never really understood the concept of these kits.....to me, all the fun is in putting your own kit together, but oh well, if some su....err, uhh somebody gets interested in prepping because of it, I suppose it's a good thing. To each their own and all that.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    For crying out loud. All the really smart people on this board I have learned a ton from. About Survival, knives, and guns. Is anyone seriously considering this package? If you are new to all of this listen to the guys that have some experience. Nothing in this box is high quality and no where near worth the price. Its is a neat idea (not unique) and if this is what you want, create you own. You will better off and more than likely end up with a much better set up.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    A man could have a good weekend in Vegas with all of that...

Think a proper First 24 should have less lethal goodies and more helpful ones, like, oh, I don't know, first aid kits, food, water, water filtration. At least it comes with a decent light and a knife.

We've seemed to allow the industry to focus on what people WANT to hear about and prep against, like shooting your looting neighbor kid full of holes as they try to abscond with your teenage daughter or saving the Hooters next door to your warehouse from zombies than other, more important issues, like food, water, medical, etc... Guns, guns, guns, that's all I hear from the "new preppers" and can't talk to them unless it's about guns.

All those knives and guns don't mean anything if you can't clean and patch up a gash in your thigh, your aim is *&^% if you are shaking from dehydration or hunger. :twocents:

Top Bottom