• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spacelegged

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Im thinking of buying a Judge and a question went thru my head. Does a Judge have rifling? If so, would shooting buck shots or any other shot from the 410 ruin the rifling?

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    It has to have rifling, otherwise it would be a short barrel shotgun or worse, a sawed off shotgun which according to the ATF and federal interpretation of the constitution is illegal.

HighStrung

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Pendleton
    I've shot my friends for my first time the other day, and after 500rds (approx 200 shot shells and 300 .45's) before I got to handle it, I saw no visible damage to the rifling (and I had wondered the same thing so I was looking specifically for that issue). For me it was kinda fun to shoot, but not something I was looking for. Perfect truck/nightstand gun in many ways though.

Last edited:

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    Lead cannot hurt steel rifling...just don't expect much accuracy.

and after 500rds (approx 200 shot shells and 300 .357's)
    I wouldn't think you could even get .357's to go off the a gun chambered for 45 Colt...is this....gasp....a shenanigans call? :dunno:

I will also say I have seen 4 of these at our range...none made it completely through a box of either 45's or 420 shells without the cylinder locking up and having to go back to Taurus.

HighStrung

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Pendleton
    Lead cannot hurt steel rifling...just don't expect much accuracy.

I wouldn't think you could even get .357's to go off the a gun chambered for 45 Colt...is this....gasp....a shenanigans call? :dunno:

I will also say I have seen 4 of these at our range...none made it completely through a box of either 45's or 420 shells without the cylinder locking up and having to go back to Taurus.

Correction, you're absolutely right. I just called him to verify and I was the one who had the wrong caliber in mind. I was just shopping for .357 online and must have confused myself. He said it was 45. My bad, corrected my orig post. Thanks for clearing that up.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Yeah, it's a shallow rifling so the shot doesn't make too much of a donut, but lead is considerably softer than steel, so you don't need to worry about rifling damage. Not sure about steel shot, though.

emayer7285

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2010
    They do have Rifling. I can not say as to whether the buckshot hurts it. I can say that they are a blast to shoot.

Top Bottom