• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PhilB

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2010
    Randolph Co.
    My Brother-in-law came over earlier to do a little shooting in my backyard. Rob just got a 9mm Taurus Millinium a month or so ago. He was having a little trouble keeping it on target and complained about the long trigger pull. I tried it and his Taurus only has the longer heavier 2nd strike trigger pull. I have a .45 Miilinium and let him shoot it to see the difference. His does not have the normal double action trigger. I told him he needed to take it back to where he bought it and have it sent in. Also noticed that Rob's 9mm had about a half dozen FTF where my 9mm had none using the same ammo. I was shooting my Taurus 709.

boogieman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    under your bed!!!
    call Taurus customer service directly. I have sent back more than one firearm to taurus and have always had good luck with them. If the was manufactured less than 1 year ago they will pay shipping both ways, but you need to actually talk to someone there. If it is over a year old then you will have to pay shipping to them. Since they are a licensed ffl you can ship it directly to them, but it has to be shipped by either fedex or ups and has to be next day air. good luck and let us know what happens.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    IIRC, only the "Pro DS" Millenniums have a double/single action type trigger pull; earlier models are strictly DAO (long/heavy every time). Do you know for sure which version he has?

farmerdan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    That is correct I have a second gen mil pro 145 and it's double action only which I really like. The trigger smooths out after a bit of shootin mine is real smooth and very reliable. Dan

PhilB

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2010
    Randolph Co.
    Thanks for the info guys. I didn't realize some Milleniums were DAO. All the ones I've tried at the gun shop were DA/SA. I never thought that my BIL might have a model that has DAO . Both my Taurus pistols, PT145 and 709, have SA/DA trigger. I'll have to call him and let him know what I found out.

Top Bottom