• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smhall3212

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    does anyone else own one and how do you like it i just got mine the other day and love it shoots straight right out of the box. Just wondering everyone elses thoughts on the new series from taurus???:rockwoot:

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    does anyone else own one and how do you like it i just got mine the other day and love it shoots straight right out of the box. Just wondering everyone elses thoughts on the new series from taurus???:rockwoot:

I'm waiting one of the 809's to show up so I can see how it feels, the 840 fits nice, the 845 is a little too big for my hands. Got to love the security of a hammer in case of a hard primer.

smhall3212

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    it does come with the different backstraps in small med and large, at first when i bought the 845 i wasnt sure with the quality of taurus but after the research and reading some blogs and felling it in my hand i am very impressed with taurus on the new series it really looks like they took the best from the 24/7 pro series and mixed it with the 900 series and made a awesome set of guns im really trying to find out if anyone has had any problems with theres and the best s/d ammo im kinda leaning on the federal hydroshock 185gr any input would be helpful:shoot:

djy71280

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    I purchased a Taurus pt 845. The very first time I went out to shoot it, the gun did not fire. Talk about disappointed. So I did what anyone would have done, I contacted Taurus customer support. After five attempts each resulting in a 25-30 minute hold time, i was finally able to reach some one who I thought would be able to help me. Boy was I wrong. Not only was the person on the phone very rude, but they told me i had owned the gun for two years when it had only been a few months. The service rep. said there was nothing they could do for me and i would just have to pay to have it shipped and fixed. ????? so much for lifetime warranty. I guess i am trying to say that the gun seemed nice in the store and in all the articles, but when I got it, it was little more than a fancy paper weight. I plan to take the gun to a local gunsmith, get it fixed, sell it and never purchase another Taurus fire arm as long as I live, and i urge every one who reads this to do the same. Sure, not all Taurus firearms are pieces of junk, but when it comes time to deal with a broken firearm, you'll regret buying a Taurus.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Anderson
    I was doing research on buying a handgun (still haven't purchased yet), and was looking at the 800 series Taurus handguns. I was partial to the 809 compact. In their 2011 catalog I saw that they had .22LR conversion kits for their 800 series handguns on page 17 "Converts any 800 series to fire .22LR ammunition." Their catalog didn't make it clear if this would include their 800 series compact guns or not, so I called their customer service line who told me flat out "We don't make conversion kits anymore." The service rep wasn't very polite, and I believe either lazy or misinformed because there are other things in their 2011 catalog that haven't even been released yet (like the 809 compact I'm interested in).

Either way, I'm not real impressed by their customer service.

DFM914

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Avon
    I wouldnt buy a Taurus period. I am sure there are some good ones out there but for just a little more, you can buy a name you can trust.

Top Bottom