• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Taurus's are probably the most common modern semi auto pistol to come through our shop for repairs. when they jam, we can only get about 50 percent to run 100 precent again. even had one taurus come in that didnt have a chamber cut yet but came w/ a test fire round??? seriously, NO CHAMBER, non nada, not even a short chamber, but it had a test fire round. WTF?

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    Out of the 4 taurus guns I own/have owned I've only had problems with one. It was an early model of the Millenium .40 cal. The trigger cracked when I was target shooting with it. I sent it back, they fixed it quick and sent it right back. No problems after that. I've since sold it. Since then I've bought a Taurus Judge, PT709, and model 608. I've had no problems with any of them, they've been trouble free, dependable, and accurate.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    and taurus will always be in business because people will always try and spend 75 dollars less for what they think is the exact same thing.

Many of us have been lucky enough to have purchased Taurus and not had a problem. I understand there is more of a chance of getting a problem piece when you buy Taurus but considering it all I'm still happy with mine and know too many others that are happy with theirs to condemn Taurus outright.

josh25

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Johnson County
    I had a PT709 that I could not fire a full magazine out of without it jamming on me. I had to send it back twice for them to fix it. No problems since but dont think im comfortable carrying everyday. And dont have the heart to sell it and give someone else the problems I have had.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Its sort of a mixed bag on Taurus, I guess. I've never had a problem with any of my 4 (or is it 5?) Tauri, but if I ever do, I'll be happy to have that warranty. Personally, I recommend Taurus to people who are on a budget but need/want a decent handgun. There is one for everybody in their lineup, basically, and my luck with them has been great.

Bob45

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Metamora
    I had one taurus revolver that had a weak hammer spring,( numerous failures to fire, I guess thats the problem). I had to send it back twice, they ended up giving me a new gun. Both times it was gone for months, for the difference in price, Ill stick with Smith and Wesson. Someone told me that the Taurus Life time warranty means that if you have to send a gun in for repair, it will be a life time before you get it back

shortyforty

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    middlebury
    i had a judge that was junk after less then 1000 rounds,but i HAVE a 669 that has been in a house fire and has 1000's and 1000's rounds through it that looks rough and would trust my life to,so i guess people are right you either get a great gun at a great price or a paper weight that you paid to much for

Barbecue

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    This talk of the Taurus quality makes me nervous, I recently picked up a 24/7 Pro. I haven't had any issues yet and cross my fingers I won't.

adam

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    Noblesville
    I have both a PT1911 ALR and a 85Ti .38 and haven't had an issue with either of them. I carry them both as well.

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    I have a few Tauruses, .38 special and up. Unfortunately, I go not get to shoot them or any of my firearms nearly as much as I would like. I have never had any problems with any of them, but am interested in hearing first hand experiences of those that do. There is a video out there of a young man firing a Ruger Redhawk in .44 Magnum where the barrel blew off on his first shot. Luckily no one was injured. That is what I call evidence. What I do not like to read about is when somebody's second cousin's friend knows a guy who said he knows another guy whose brand new Taurus completely fell apart immediately after he took it out of the box and he tried to call the factory to get customer service and that when he finally got through to a live person, no one at the plant spoke English and that when he was able to communicate what he needed and sent it back to the factory for repairs, it took 3 years for them to return it to him and when he finally got it back and took it out of the box, it fell completely apart once again so he immediately sold it for spare parts for a fraction of what he originally paid for it. Based on that story, the guy with a second cousin will never soil his hands with a Taurus.

motoman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 19, 2008
    Idaho
    i have owned half dozen taurus weapons. i do notice that their workmanship is average and fit and finish on some are fair to average. but you get what you pay for and im not dissapointed. for a real combat weapon i wouldnt chose taurus, i use beretta, hk, glock, sig etc.

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I have experience with 5 Taurus products, and none of it bad. One of my worst mistakes was to sell a model 85 and buy a S&W that ended up getting sent in for repairs--twice. I've also owned a PT940 and PT945, both of which I sold to get other guns. I only shot the 940 a few hundred times, but no problems whatsoever. The 945 ate I'm guessing 5-6 thousand rounds, and the only problem it ever had was the recoil spring wore out and got replaced. Both guns are still going strong in my friend's hands. I now own a Tracker 627 and a Raging Bull 444. No problems with either wheelgun.

I would have to say that the big gun manufacturers are much like the big auto makers--everybody has mistakes make it off the line, and some are better at dealing with them than others. Mostly what it comes down to is personal preference and whether you want to pay more for a specific name on the product.

warrior2090

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2010
    Bought a new Taurus Judge. Was inoperable when purchased (online through Gunbroker). Sent back the first time paid to get it there. Came back fired 5 rounds, broke again. This time they picked up. Waited. Got it back fired 8 rounds. Broke again, sent back, returned, sold. My impression? As a company, they just don't care!

BillyT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Indy
    This is depressing. I like the judge concept and price... I hope the positive experiences are simply just being overlooked.

I've heard alot of good things, about the judge so this is shocking.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Bought a new Taurus Judge. Was inoperable when purchased (online through Gunbroker). Sent back the first time paid to get it there. Came back fired 5 rounds, broke again. This time they picked up. Waited. Got it back fired 8 rounds. Broke again, sent back, returned, sold. My impression? As a company, they just don't care!

This is depressing. I like the judge concept and price... I hope the positive experiences are simply just being overlooked.

Keep believing the good things you hear, if you noticed, the above post was this members first post, and in my opinion a troll post at that.

Osobuco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010
    Out of the 4 taurus guns I own/have owned I've only had problems with one..

1 out of 4 - pretty bad odds if you ask me.

I own 12 Berettas and never had an issue with one.
    I also own 13 Smith and Wesson's mostly revolvers and never an issue save for a weak recoil spring in an older 4506 resulting in fail to feed/jams. $8 to replace the spring and she works good as new. I consider that maintenance.:twocents:

JBob77

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2009
    Scott County
    I have owned 2 Taurus and 1 Rossi, and not a wink of problem out of any of the three. The Pt111 pro worked fine after the first 200+/- rounds. I occasionally had a ftf with it, but never with new ammo, it was always with some older NATO surplus.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies

I love my judge. I've got a nightcourt and have shot a few hundred rounds of .410 through it and about 150 rounds of .45 lc. Its awesome and fun to shoot + I keep it handy as my house gun.

I don't know about anybody else, but I'm cool with Taurus.

Top Bottom