• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Israel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2011
    Just got back from the shooting range trying out my new guns. The Tavor was great using the flip sites I could not believe accurate it was. It did not have much kick. The KSG has enough kick to make a grown man cry. I am think of trading this in on the Versa Max, DP 12 or Vepr 12 if the shoulder saver does not help out enough. The PMR 30 was perfect. Little kick and laser like accuracy. Like the song says 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

Israel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2011
    Watched a video with the DP 12 and the reviewer said it did have as much kick as he thought it would due to the weight of the gun and the spring loaded butt pad. The Vepr has a gas system like my Saiga. The Saiga's kick compared to the KSG was light.

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    From what I've been hearing about the KSG, its reliability may well be a major issue down the road for you. Though I really like the concept, and the gun feels nice in hand, questionable reliability scares me away from even thinking about getting one. Good to know its recoil leaves something to be desired as well though.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    Hen's teeth around here. Even when .22LR started to come back, WMR never really did.

Same here. All across southern Indiana, it's basically unobtainable. Same for online unless you are willing to shell out roughly $20/box plus shipping. I didn't see any good prices on .22 WMR at the Indy 1500, which was at the top of my list.

wizardfitz

Expert
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    franklin,in
    i just delivered 6 million ads of 22r, and several skids of 9mm, 40 s&w and 45 act. i have never delivered any 22wmr. i see 22r on the shelves but never 22 mag

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    When I shot the ksg, to me it was comparable to shooting a 18 inch regular 12 gauge shotgun. Granted I do not own a KSG and have only put maybe 10 rds through one

MohawkSlim

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2015
    firing line
    22 mag on the shelf at Indiana Army Surplus in Bedford. $23.95/50.

I had a Saiga 12 a few years ago. Little to no kick at all. Reliability wasn't bad after a "Saiga guy" tuned it up for $50. He trimmed all the mags and everything. Money well spent. Reliability was pretty good until it got hot. Then the hulls would melt causing catastrophic malfs and I'd have to wait for it to harden before I could pry out the melted glob of plastic. Happened at over 60 rounds rapid fire though. That's a lot of lead downrange!

I still miss having a "suppressive fire" 12 gauge but it's one of those deals where I'm not willing to buy brass hulls to reload. I'm firmly convinced someone who took the time and effort to roll their own could have a wall of lead for about $2,500.

The Tavors - and everything else the Israelis make - is a wonderful little gun. Perfect little checkpoint rifle.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    Supposedly their is going to be a bullpup kit for the Versamax. I bought the bullpup kit for the 870 and after a little bit of work and Korean Hillbilly engineering, I like it. I mean, if that is what the OP is looking for...bullpup shotty.

Top Bottom