• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • xxkornxx56

Marksman
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Clinton

I recently purchased a Tavor and haven't seen many folks sharing pictures and how they have their rifles set up. So, how about we start now. Right now I'm running a vortex sparc with a co witness mount. I plan on changing over to a vortex spitfire if/when I can get my hands on one to inspect it or read multiple good reviews. Also a lantac dragon is on it's way and should be here in a few days. Eventually I'm going to add a light onto it but I haven't decided if I will be going with an aftermarket fore end to accept a light or just go with a light mounted on the side rail.

RGriff69

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 24, 2010
    My son shooting my first Tavor with an Eotech. It got sold and I missed it so I bought another. It will end up with an Eotech on it also. I'm not sure about a light for it.

xxkornxx56

Marksman
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Clinton
    Midwest industries and another company( I think manticore arms) make a fore end in which a light is installed inside it protruding out the front. It is nice but the price tag is a little high. For now I think I will order a surefire with a pressure switch.

Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    This is mine as it sits right now. I have a Surefire light to fit inside the Midwest Industries handguard pictured here, but it's not mounted in this photo. I'm waiting to exchange this handguard for their extended version (shown below) which will allow for a better fit of the light flush inside the handguard.

Tavor_April2014_Side_1_zps10508ba8.jpg

This is the longer handguard I will exchange mine for.
    MI_Forend_Long_1_zpsc53abe0c.jpg

DocHoliday

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2012
    I'm just waiting for more options and better prices. I just put an eotech on mine so far. I might look into a magnifier next since my vision sucks. Maybe I should go to the eye doctor and get a new prescription since I'm overdue.

Cowboy71

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Clark County, IN
    Can I ask why you installed the magpul sites? My Tavor came with back-up irons integrated into the rail...

Just curious.

They aren't Magpul, they're Fab Defense and the reason I put them on is the integrated sights in the rail, while nice, seem like they would be easy to bend or break if raised and the rifle is dropped. Maybe not an issue but I was buying a set of the Fabs for my GII Recon and decided to grab some for the Tavor while I was ordering.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Can I ask why you installed the magpul sites? My Tavor came with back-up irons integrated into the rail...

Just curious.

IMHO, the standard flip ups suck. Sure, it's nice that they're there and included and everything, but have you used them? They're not exactly Troy/KAC/LWRC competitors.

Cowboy71

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Clark County, IN
    IMHO, the standard flip ups suck. Sure, it's nice that they're there and included and everything, but have you used them? They're not exactly Troy/KAC/LWRC competitors.

I don't hate them but when flipped up they're a lot like sights mounted on top of metal toothpicks. More than likely they would be ok under normal circumstances but for a backup I want something that's a little more sturdy even if it's just in my head.

Top Bottom