• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Plinkuh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    Do any of you get antsy about tax time, and that fat check that's coming to you (or maybe it isn't, and I'm sorry that happens)?

I love putting together wish lists prior to the fat sum of money that comes to me. This year, I hope to get a little more back as I purchased my first house.

Definitely getting another 1911, probably a Kimber/Colt or SA Loaded.

Do any of you get this way about that tax check? Personally, I can't wait. :rockwoot:

Last edited:

Plinkuh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    You could just change your withholdings to break even at the end of the year and buy something every paycheck instead.

I make reasonable paychecks every week Sir. I don't mind getting a lump sum at the end of the year. It's a reward for getting though another year (in my eyes). Lol.

G_Stines

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    Central Indiana
    I never have my checks set up to break even at the end of the year. Simply because it seems like every year I end up pulling some overtime and that often comes back to bite me during tax season. So I always put in extra just in case I end up over doing the over time. To the OP. Yes, I am looking forward to the tax check. Tax check purchases (amount pending) cound be a Delta Elite Gold Cup or a Colt AR.... Not actually sure yet. I don't want to get my hopes up in case my return isn't high enough. haha

Plinkuh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    I never have my checks set up to break even at the end of the year. Simply because it seems like every year I end up pulling some overtime and that often comes back to bite me during tax season. So I always put in extra just in case I end up over doing the over time. To the OP. Yes, I am looking forward to the tax check. Tax check purchases (amount pending) cound be a Delta Elite Gold Cup or a Colt AR.... Not actually sure yet. I don't want to get my hopes up in case my return isn't high enough. haha

Oh sweet Jesus, a Delta Elite would be a dream come true for me. *Daydreams*

Mr.Lubie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Sep 24, 2008
    I plan on taking part of mine to use on a .44mag rifle,and the other half will get put back for a family vacation later on in the year

Drakkule

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Butler,IN. 46721
    I look at gun buys as an investment, they will always be worth something, they help me let off steam, so they help me keep my stress level lower, which could lead to a longer life. Win win in my book.

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    I SHOULD have a fat check this year, but with getting married and now 2 incomes, we aren't sure how it's going to pan out. We are talking about a family vacation(but I'm sure I will be able to keep some back for my SBR project). :D

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    Another year another IRS audit. I actually dread that time when everyone else is getting checks.

I look forward to the check all year though, only to get pissed off when I get it and am reminded of how much I payed in taxes and DIDN'T get back. Esp when I turn on the TV and its nothing but government spending this, and welfare that...

Think this time around ill just stick the check into my machine-gun fund so I can finally get me a MP5.

Plinkuh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    Another year another IRS audit. I actually dread that time when everyone else is getting checks.

I look forward to the check all year though, only to get pissed off when I get it and am reminded of how much I payed in taxes and DIDN'T get back. Esp when I turn on the TV and its nothing but government spending this, and welfare that...

Think this time around ill just stick the check into my machine-gun fund so I can finally get me a MP5.

Stellar idea Sir :yesway:

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    Same thing that I always tell my wife. Guns are a investment. They will always have value and are alot of fun so it is a win win. I am not sure what I will buy with mine this year. I would love to have a AR and 1911. That will be a tough choice to decide which one to get.

Top Bottom