• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Plinkuh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    Same thing that I always tell my wife. Guns are a investment. They will always have value and are alot of fun so it is a win win. I am not sure what I will buy with mine this year. I would love to have a AR and 1911. That will be a tough choice to decide which one to get.

1911....for sure...and, FTW!

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    I had extra taken out for a pending divorce-din't get finalized so was able to get a larger refund of MY money that they borrowed. In hindsight I would like to have had 1911s, Glocks, ARs, and a few more SKSs. I like to dream big, BTW. My biggest concern is one year that the refund won't be there due to financial difficulties.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    I adjusted my withholding last year, so I was hoping to only get like $250 this year, but I bought a house, so I should get a bit more back. I also get a 7.5% bonus that time of year. We are hoping to finish our porch, and I kind of want an AUG or an AUG clone. Depending on how much is left, maybe an AR. If she gets a good bit back, we might put in a new fence as well, which would probably keep from buying anything but a Mossin or .22.

NinnJinn

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 10, 2011
    Loogootee (Lo Go Tee
    This is going to be the first tax check with a gun hobby for me! Would love to get a SMG, but will probably just stock up on ammo, powder, primers and brass since I shoot a lot more than I expected I would. Figured an ammo can of 1000rds of 40sw would last me forever... HA!! 3 1/2 weeks later I have went through 691rds. And only have 621 brass casings. Have 10rd mags and avg losing 1 brass per 1 mag shot...

Quad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Paying off the truck with mine. If enough is left, I plan on getting the gun safe I've been needing. My Stack On locker is getting too full.

get_armbarred

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Crown Point
    Scar 17.... but ill have a 2 month old baby then.(our third) This may take some smooth talking

2011216104256-w7498tar-1311-edit_m.jpg

shooter1054

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    South Indianapolis
    I'm self employed. What is this "refund check" thing you speak of? The only thing of the IRS and DOR I'm familiar with is the long spiney pole that anually gets broken off somewhere deep and dark.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    You guys are awesome! Which one of you wants to loan me a few thousand bucks til this time next year? It'll be an interest-free loan you'll be giving me, of course, but I'll return it next year and you'll be excited to get it back. :)

By the way, get a high-end 1911.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    I try to break even every year. If I ever got a big check back, the wife would spend it anyway before I even knew it arrived. By keeping the money instead of giving it to the Govt., I get to buy guns all year long and don't have to wait until tax time. ;)

Top Bottom