• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    So just started making decent money.
    Looked at my pay stub recently. It had a summary for the past 6 months. Nearly 30% gone to taxes.

Wtf. Since they take so much money can I just file in a lower tax bracket. My effective income is back at the 15 % bracket.

I just think it's funny people believe this is a free country.
    No everyone is a government slave.

Last edited:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Wasn't so bad when the majority of the government's revenue came from tariffs. I still don't understand why we give imports a free pass and tax the hell out of our own citizens.

short308

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    Pay close attention to what your tax return is, and adjust your dependents accordingly. When I finally made it to where my pay leveled off I think I was getting about a $6-8k tax return. Some of it was my wife's schooling, but about $6K of it was my stuff being out of whack. Talked to our secretary and ended up getting about $100 a week back on the check and calling it good.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Welcome to the progressive remaking of the country.
    Currently, ~ 58% of the population is working, but there is no reason why 25% of the population cannot support the other 75%, if they are properly taxed.
    As long as you're willing to work 50-60 hours per week to have $5,000 to $7,000 more each year than your neighbors who don't work, you'll be fine.
    Otherwise, you're just greedy and uncaring.

Add purple if you think appropriate, but this is the goal of the current administration.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Think about what you do with your take home pay. You pay sales tax, you pay excise tax, you pay property tax, you pay tax on your insurance, tax on your utilities, tax on your cell phone, tax on your savings accounts. You pay 80 plus cents per gallon for every gallon of gas you buy. Heck, that 30% you see on your check is only the first 1/2 of what you pay. Look up "tax freedom day" on the web. Write down that date. compare it to the date last year, and remember that for next year. It will make you really happy when the arrogant kenyan starts talking that "you had better start paying your fair share" garbage.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Welcome to the progressive remaking of the country.
    Currently, ~ 58% of the population is working, but there is no reason why 25% of the population cannot support the other 75%, if they are properly taxed.
    As long as you're willing to work 50-60 hours per week to have $5,000 to $7,000 more each year than your neighbors who don't work, you'll be fine.
    Otherwise, you're just greedy and uncaring.

Add purple if you think appropriate, but this is the goal of the current administration.

Let them and their kids starve, I just do not care anymore unless they are neighbors and friendly, then I will help.

Top Bottom