• hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    https://www.facebook.com/taxmanbrewing

Taxman Brewing

These guys have very tasty beer, and a phenomenal menu. Their chef used to work at the Indigo Duck in Franklin before it closed. Recently had a great duck menu item, mussels, trout, etc. Everything is as local as can be. I highly recommend a trip down there if you have a free evening. The weekends are hard to get a table for dinner though, so consider stopping by at off-peak hours on the weekend. Never fear, the upstairs is dedicated to their beer and appetizers! Mondays are $2 off growler fills. Generally they have around 28 beers on tap, I believe all are local. They also sell Mallow Run wine.

If anyone wants to meet there, I am game!

Good-taproom.jpg

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    The majority owners happens to live up the street from me though we've only spoken a few times. They lived in Brussels Belgium for a bit (may have grown up there, not sure). When I was there last week they had a pallet of hops with the Belgian flag. MMmm..... hopps...

http://www.shelbynews.com/news/article_50cd1ab4-61df-11e4-960b-b338eb2a2caf.html

OK, I read that article and realized at least 2/3 of the owners are my neighbors. Heh.

Last edited:

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Phenomenal menu?

Just a few "gourmet" burgers (5) and a few gourmet tacos (4). Add in a few salads + chips/dip.... And the menu is exhausted. Of course, there is a daily special that may or may not already be on the menu.

While the food is alright, I personally don't think the menu is comprehensive enough for it to be "phenomenal". So there. :D

I'm not much of a beer drinker - so I've yet to sample those wares.

I DO like their Tshirt offerings, though...

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    They run specials on food depending on the week. I think they had a smoked trout, had a roasted duck, steamed mussels... where else are you going to find that in the Bargersville area? The fries are awesome, the tacos tasty (blend of soft and crunchy), chips are homemade, salsa I believe is homemade. Mmmm.... phenomenal. I don't think they expected to be viewed so much as a restaurant, but they are. It took nearly two hours for my dad to get a table for dinner last week on a Friday night. that says something about their menu :):

some screen grabs from my phone I used to entice others to eat there...

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    They run specials on food depending on the week. I think they had a smoked trout, had a roasted duck, steamed mussels... where else are you going to find that in the Bargersville area? The fries are awesome, the tacos tasty (blend of soft and crunchy), chips are homemade, salsa I believe is homemade. Mmmm.... phenomenal. I don't think they expected to be viewed so much as a restaurant, but they are. It took nearly two hours for my dad to get a table for dinner last week on a Friday night. that says something about their menu :)

some screen grabs from my phone I used to entice others to eat there...

I could go for some trout and/or duck... Surf and turf midwest style!

BrewerGeorge

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Plainfield
    Wow, that's good to know! I grew up there and it never occurred to me that there was anything in town other than Red's. Nice to know it's there for when I go visit my mother.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    <------- Was excited to see this, will be near there Sunday

<------- Is sad to see the kitchen is closed 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. when will be near there

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Meh, not a beer snob, NO PLACE worth waiting 2 hours for a meal!

I agree, just informing those who may plan to hit it on a weekend to be prepared to wait if you want dinner. The above picture is the upstairs which is beer/wine only. The lower level is for drinking AND dining. Usually put your name in for dinner and go upstairs to quaff on.

My wife was with a group and the time went by quickly. Just a great ambiance.

indy_guy_77 and I had lunch there recently at noon and there were 18 other people eating. We were served quickly and went on with our day. May have been Friday? Can't recall exactly.

Dirty Steve

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2011
    Danville
    Did the site design work, approval processing and permitting for that project. Not a beer guy (outside of Erdinger Weisbrau), but glad to hear that it is well received. Building and site was a delapidated eyesore before we started. Vast improvement for the town and hopefully it spurs some additional reinvestment in the downtown area.

Dirty Steve

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    My favorite beer is The Standard

Me too but they were out of it. I went with the exemption and it was good.

We we saw a group of three having a good time, chatting friendly with the wait staff and each other. Then the food arrived and the guy went into mean mode, refusing his food, saying they've been there an hour, have tickets to a show and need to leave immediately. They had the food taken off and scooted out in a hurry. Very strange. Not sure what show they had tix for after 9p on Friday or where. Or why they didn't ask for food updates earlier or mention they had to leave at a specific time. Odd interaction and I felt bad for the server.

Top Bottom