• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    What are we using? I hate to admit it, but I do spend alot of time across the border... Mainly at the GF's apartment down @ U of I and its just never a pleaseant experience down there. I always have a knife and a closed fist, but usually thats never enough.

I would like the ones that shoot out and stick in people, but Im not sure where to go.

as for legality, I dont care....

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    What are we using? I hate to admit it, but I do spend alot of time across the border... Mainly at the GF's apartment down @ U of I and its just never a pleaseant experience down there. I always have a knife and a closed fist, but usually thats never enough.

I would like the ones that shoot out and stick in people, but Im not sure where to go.

as for legality, I dont care....

You may want to not post this kind of thinking on a public forum, just a thought.

If you talk about the "Taser" (with a S) brand that will cost you $1000 for one unit and I dont think they are the best option for self defense.

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Taser shoots prongs, Stun Gun is only up close and personal. You can have both in Indiana if you've got an LTCH, and IN is not IL.

I've found they go for about as much as a firearm cost wise, and I've debated them for various reasons.

As for IL, this link has some codes listed that would be a starting point Stun Gun Laws | Stun Gun Legal | Are Stun Guns Illegal? and you can look on hangunlaws.us for some of the usage statutes listed. You obviously do care about legality or you'd have a handgun on you instead.

Apokalypsi

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Speedway
    Taser shoots prongs, Stun Gun is only up close and personal. You can have both in Indiana if you've got an LTCH, and IN is not IL.
    Can you show where it says you need an LTCH to own a stun gun or taser please? I just looked and all I found for possession of either is the person must be 18+ yrs.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Can you show where it says you need an LTCH to own a stun gun or taser please? I just looked and all I found for possession of either is the person must be 18+ yrs.

You dont need a LTCH to own a Taser, you need it to carry it.
    It's a handgun in Indiana.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    IC 35-47-8-5
    Stun guns; purchase, possession, and sale; use in commission of crime; use on law enforcement officer
    Sec. 5. (a) A person eighteen (18) years of age or over may purchase or possess a stun gun.
    (b) A person who sells or furnishes a stun gun to a person who is less than eighteen (18) years of age commits a Class B misdemeanor.
    (c) A person who uses a stun gun in the commission of a crime commits a Class A misdemeanor.
    (d) A person who uses a stun gun on a law enforcement officer while the officer is performing the officer's duties commits a Class D felony.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Sec. 4. IC 35-47-2 applies to an electronic stun weapon or taser

IC 35-47-2-1
    Carrying a handgun without a license or by a person convicted of domestic battery; exceptions
    Sec. 1. (a) Except as provided in subsections (b) and (c) and section 2 of this chapter, a person shall not carry a handgun in any vehicle or on or about the person's body without being licensed under this chapter to carry a handgun.

Apokalypsi

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Speedway
    Sec. 4. IC 35-47-2 applies to an electronic stun weapon or taser

IC 35-47-2-1
    Carrying a handgun without a license or by a person convicted of domestic battery; exceptions
    Sec. 1. (a) Except as provided in subsections (b) and (c) and section 2 of this chapter, a person shall not carry a handgun in any vehicle or on or about the person's body without being licensed under this chapter to carry a handgun.
    Thank you for clearing that up. I never knew that. Man, reading those laws can be confusing at times. ;)

Top Bottom