• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RBrianHarless

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2011
    Kokomo
    I have checked out the TCP. My wife really liked the LCP so we purchased it. Very nice pistol and picked up some extra magazines. I would not want to shoot it all day long and would rather have it as a back up if need be. Very convenient on size when I need to run down to the local Village Pantry.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I have had my LCP for a year now, and have not had one issue with the gun. I paid $249.00 for the gun and added a trace for a extra $100.00. In the summer a pocket holster in shorts works great, in the winter I use a Desantis Maverick leather side holster. For practices rounds I run through CCI Blazers as those seem to feed well and are cheep. When I carry I use the Winchester PDX1 380. I have tried other brands of ammo in my LCP, and the Winchester works the best.

kolob10

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Beautiful Southern Indiana
    I have had both the LCP and now have a Kel Tec 380. The Kel tec is cheaper and I have never had a problem with it. The LCP was ok but I sold it thinking I didn't need it soon to discover that it does fit a nich in my personal carry wardrobe. I also have a Kel-Tec 9mm and it seems to be reliable to date. Good shooting

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    My wife and I love our LCP's. But you must keep in mind what's it's purpose is. It is not a range gun or target pistol. Not it's intended useage. Just like any gun, you can't shoot it one time and be comfortable with it. It takes practice at the range and dry fire practice. Put a crimson trace laser on it and it makes a fantastic pocket carry. After practice with it over a couple of months, I can easily give a bad guy a big headache without much effort up to 10 yards.

There is a reason the LCP holds the record for number of pocket pistols sold.

Ruger WILL take care of any issue's, Taurus on the other hand customer service is sketchy at best.

twostepadin

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2011
    Rockville Indiana
    my TCP is a pretty decent shooter minus how selective it is to ammo choices. honestly i think a good polish job on the ramp and breach would clear that up as well. i just run flat nosed ammo and it seems to work just fine. but round nosed ammo likes to FTF on the very last round. always on the very last round. bought another mag to see if that was the problem, same thing. in a panic that i couldnt trust my life to my new small carry. i bought a ton of basic winchester 95 grain flat nosed. didnt clean the gun to make sure it wasnt a gritty issue. and the gun ran fine.

my only real dislike on it is the trigger guard can and will bite you.

if i ever got rid of it in trade, it would be for the smith bodyguard 380. so i could have some "real" sights.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Get the LCP, you won't be disappointed.

I was—disappointed, that is. Had so much trouble with the LCP, it was replaced with the TCP. Like it much better, but it still has feeding problems. I think Backfire has figured out how to make it work reliably and will link up with him tomorrow to see about taking care of the problems with the TCP.

Really, the Taurus 709 Slim is a better choice.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Range Report on TCP after warranty repairs by Taurus. Sorry about the columnization. The table tabs would not carry over into this thread.

Mag # Round Count Result
    1 6 Round #4 failed to feed properly. Fed properly when I racked the slide.
    2 12 Perfect
    3 18 Perfect
    4 24 Perfect
    5 30 Perfect
    6 36 Perfect
    7 42 Perfect
    8 48 Perfect
    9 54 Rounds #3 & 4 failed to feed; fed and fired properly when I racked the slide.
    10 60 Round #3 failed to feed, but fed and fired properly when I worked the slide.
    11 66 Rounds #3 & 4 failed to feed; fed and fired properly when I worked the slide.
    12 72 Perfect
    13 76 Rounds #3 & 4 failed to feed; fed and fired properly when I worked the slide.
    14 80 Round #3 failed to feed, but fed and fired properly when I worked the slide.

AS I said earlier, Backfire has figured out how to make this one work well. He has posted a very good instructional series on how to do it, but it exceeds my mechanical abilities. If you are good with your hands, and have the equipment, no problem. Backfire has agreed to take care of mine in exchange for some time at the range. I will post results after Backfire does his thing, but I am confident he has it sorted out.

I still like the TCP over the LCP. Lower cost for identical performance, at least in this case. I prefer the TCP trigger, and it actually gave less trouble than the LCP I tested. Ruger was not willing to do anything to help. Traded it off for the TCP. Taurus did rework it once for us, so +1 to Taurus over Ruger in this case—can't speak for others, of course.

Top Bottom