• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • searpinski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    You really have to start with a price bucket. Pumps really dont get the velocity up to "fun level". Get a Break barrel with a silencer or side cocker. Here is an example in the good price range.

https://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Benjamin_Trail_SBD_NP2_Air_Rifle_Combo_Wood_Stock/4432#8606

or

https://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Winchester_1400CS_Air_Rifle_Mossy_Oak_Camo/3370

Hi, thank you for the info! Are magazine fed air guns frowned upon? I noticed both are single shot.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Hi, thank you for the info! Are magazine fed air guns frowned upon? I noticed both are single shot.

As long as you dont mind CO2 powered. Those are the only ones I have ever seen as repeaters. Typically a revolver type cylinder that you preload with pellets.

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    I went through several Appleseed events along with a few Reveres Riders, both of which teach sling use. Is this not appropriate for air rifles? My 853 should be here today or tomorrow. I’ve wanted an air rifle for basement entertainment for a while.

Matt

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I have recently bought two. Air rifles are not what the used to be. While Springers are still around and some people really like them because one can modify them and Tune them up. What many people are getting is the gas piston powered break barrels. I have a Gamo that is capable of firing an Alloy pellet at approx 1200fps, I also have an Umarex Octane that will fire a .177 alloy pellet at 1500 fps. Those alloy pellets slow down quickly due to the physic of lighter pellets. Gamo's are made in Spain, Umarex and many others are made in China. Crosman's are made in the USA they also make For Ruger, Remington, Benjaman and a few others. There are several made in Germany. But one of the nicest out there are made by HATSAN in Turkey. And they mostly come with Beautiful Turkish Walnut Stocks rivaling many powder burners. So jump in and have fun! AS far as scopes go, The Centerpoint made by Crosman are inexpensive and don't die on a gas piston or or springer and are great scopes. I have my eye on a 6x20x50, cost is $84.00, to put on my octane or a future gun. Both of mine are .177 and I want a .22, .25 or .30 cal which at present the largest caliber in a break barrel. Some day I will jump into the PCP's but depending on how deep on wants to go can get expensive, when buying extra bottles or a larger tank to refill your gun or spending Big bucks for your own compressor. The one in your garage won't do the job. If you want to see most Airgunners favorite sport get on YouTube ans search for RAT Hunts!

ol' poke

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    Also keep in mind that today's air rifles are not the same when I was a kid. These days air rifles are actually quite accurate and powerful.

Don't ask how I know. "Honey, glad you got rid of those pesky sparrows in the barn. Any idea where all of those holes in the roof came from?" :dunno:

HCALREF

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2017
    Hendricks County
    I have owned a couple of RWS air rifles over the years and at approximately 40/50 ft or so, they will put pellet after pellet on top of each other. They are so accurate at shorter ranges that it is almost boring shooting them. They are great for shooting in the basement.

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    I got my Daisy 853 from the CMP a couple months ago. Finally got out to shoot it a bit last week. I was shooting about 30 feet using a tree to steady myself. Considering how much I was moving around, it did very well with roughly 1/2” groups. I need to get it on a bench and tune it right.
    Not too bad for the price!

Matt

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I have a Drozd full auto bb gun. It comes out at buddy get together shoots and gets more attention than the real guns. It's a ton of fun.

Top Bottom