• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    I think teachers should teach behind a plexiglas panel, separate from the students, in case there is one who might go postal or one who might inappropriately touch a student. Students shouldn't have any books because they can be used as a weapon to inflict bodily harm to someone.

The list of stupidity is never ending...

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    When I was in middle school it was ok to have a little pocket knife in art class to sharpen your pencils.And it was not even ten years ago.
    So they dont trust kids with pencils (not even talking about knives) but as soon as they turn 18 they can legally carry a handgun?

17 years old: "Put that pencil away its too dangerous for you"
    18 years old:" Be careful with your 100% legal semi-automatic"

When I was in high school in the 80's almost every guy had a pocket knife of some sort. The most popular were the buck knives that came with the little leather case to hang off a belt.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    I like the rest of the police chief's quote:

Police Chief Aram Thomasian Jr. said he was approached Friday by parents of one student who had been suspended for having a pen that had been altered to fire a rolled-up piece of paper.

“The student showed me how it worked. I'd be surprised if the spitball traveled 4 feet. And at that, I'm not even sure it had any spit on it,” he said.

Read more: http://telegram.com/article/20101116/NEWS/101119746#ixzz1750Lh1ZC

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    I brought in an old Parker Bros. Shotgun in 8th grade to my Woods class. I stripped it and refinished the stock.

I graduated in 92 so yeah it was about 20 years ago but still.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    When I was in high school in the 80's almost every guy had a pocket knife of some sort. The most popular were the buck knives that came with the little leather case to hang off a belt.

Oh how I remember those days...if you didn't have a buck knife, you weren't cool. They were probably the state of the art too, back then

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    Still have mine, I wear it deer hunting to this day.So have have had it about 35 years.

Too funny...I still have mine as well and wear it hunting. The sheath definitely shows its age, the brass has a couple of small oxidation spots on it, but its a nice blade for skinning...holds a great edge.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I was stabbed in the leg with a pencil in grade school. I still have the piece of the graphite in my leg under the skin.

I was stabbed in the top of my shoulder in grade school with a pencil, the kid jammed it about an inch in. The school nurse pulled it out and called my mom. To this day I have a small scar with a hint of gray to it.

I still have lead in the palm of my hand from a pencil wound....

Wow I got "pencil wound brothers" on this site! :rockwoot:
    I have 2 pencil war wounds from my time in grade school.
    In both cases I got stabbed and the kid broke the graphite inside my skin (right arm and left leg). The graphite has long gone left me but to this day (20+ years) I still have a gray spot where the stabbing was done.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Isn't the right to keep and bear pencils in the First Amendment?

So, are the little stubby golf pencils "Sunday Morning Specials?"

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I never carried a knife when I was in school, but I always had a pack of smokes on me from the time I was about 14, and never once did a teacher have a problem with it. Now, they'd call the cops and have the kid thrown in the slammer if they found smokes on them.

Side note....I quit smoking about 10 years ago.:rockwoot:

Compatriot G

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    New Castle
    I never carried a knife when I was in school, but I always had a pack of smokes on me from the time I was about 14, and never once did a teacher have a problem with it. Now, they'd call the cops and have the kid thrown in the slammer if they found smokes on them.

Side note....I quit smoking about 10 years ago.:rockwoot:

I don't know if you would go to jail, but you could get cited for minor possession of tobacco.

IC 35-46-1-10.5
    Purchase, acceptance, or possession of tobacco; defenses
    Sec. 10.5. (a) A person less than eighteen (18) years of age who:
    (1) purchases tobacco;
    (2) accepts tobacco for personal use; or
    (3) possesses tobacco on his person;
    commits a Class C infraction.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    That's totally insane. Paper, a desk, a book, a chair etc. can all be used as weapons. What next, take the hands off because they can be used as weapons. Rediculous.

Top Bottom