• goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    I hope I don't offend anyone by posting this. :xmad:

Any thoughts about flooding this school corporation with nastygrams?

[ame=http://video.foxnews.com/v/4693035/teacher-blocks-boys-patriotic-tribute/]Teacher Blocks Boy's Patriotic Tribute - Fox News Video - FoxNews.com[/ame]

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Perhaps if he would have drawn a decent replica, the school would not have had a problem. I could see the school saying no because it is not an accurate drawing, but only for that reason.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Perhaps if he would have drawn a decent replica, the school would not have had a problem. I could see the school saying no because it is not an accurate drawing, but only for that reason.

But that's not the reason the school gave, they told the boy that he couldn't hang it because he might offend a certain student in the class who doesn't say the Pledge of Allegience.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    But that's not the reason the school gave, they told the boy that he couldn't hang it because he might offend a certain student in the class who doesn't say the Pledge of Allegience.

That was the explanation I heard on TV as well. What if the other kid refusing to say the Pledge offends this kid? We can't have anyone being offended can we? Or does that only apply to offending anti-Americans?

cbseniour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    South East Marion County
    If you even think you might be offended by the display of a childish replica of the US flag then let me offer to help buy your ticket to Cuba.
    Political correctness again to the nth degree without regard for the rights of a patriot.

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    I really get sick of hearing about not being able to do something perfectly legal and patriotic because it might offend someone particularly when it comes to the pledge of allegiance, the national anthem, displaying the flag according to flag ettiquette or openly praying. We just keep losing our national identity, piece by piece, bit by bit, a little more every day. There are some things that are black or white or right or wrong contrary to what the liberals and multi-culturalists have to say about it.

Top Bottom