• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cbseniour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    South East Marion County
    I just purchased a new 10 22 wood stock model. I immediately realized I would have to replace the bolt lock with an automatic bolt release.
    I have a new Volquarsten bolt release in hand and the instructions indicate I need to " drift out" the pins that hold the trigger guard housing into the receiver. Part number B5

:dunno:

Does anyone out there know what size drift punch I need to do this operation?? Also where can I aquire one??

Apart from that is seems like a pretty simple operation and I don't anticipate any problems with the minor upgrade.

Thanks in advance for your kind indulgence and advise.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    You could always use a small allen wrench. Those pins push out pretty easy...

VERY VERY easy.

I have a metal trigger assembly and when I replace mine I took so advice O had seen on the net and dropped the trigger assembly straight down so I would not take the chance of loosing a pin due to it falling out.

Duct tape on the bottom side is also advisable to keep the pins in place and remove right before re-install.

cbseniour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    South East Marion County
    :)Well, that took no time at all. The only problem is now I have not reason to go out and buy a new tool. One of the few simple joys of my existiance.
    thanks to all for your help.

Last edited:

cbseniour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    South East Marion County
    Minor Upgrade

This morning I preformed my first upgrade on a 22 10 or any other gun for that matter.
    I installed the new bolt lock/release mechanism and all went very well, almost a easy and you all said it would be.
    It's a stange thing I worked in the Automotive repair industry for years as body man, mechanic, painter and manager. I've built cars from the ground up and always been able to repair nearly anything, yet, putting a small part in a small gun got me nervous. Maybe just excited.

thanks to all who provided guidance.

:patriot::rockwoot:

Top Bottom