• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Oops, I guess I'd heard the lyrics wrong!

"And a crowd of young boys, they're fooling around in the corner
    Drunk and dressed in their best brown baggies and their platform soles
    They don't give a damn about any trumpet-playing band
    It ain't what they call "Rock 'n' Roll"
    And the Sultans, yeah, the Sultans, they play Creole, Creole"

(Dire Straits, "Sultans of Swing")
    Not being sarcastic there are a lot of things before my time. So I ask lol

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Not being sarcastic there are a lot of things before my time. So I ask lol
    Baggies were usually plaid "slacks" with big legs and cuffed hems. Usually polyester or some other synthetic fabric (hence the reason I thought they were saying "press perm" (permanent press)). :): And I had a couple of pairs of platform soled shoes.

1651181422702.png

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    I need a new pair of boots and the Tecovas are most likely what I will buy when the time comes. Back in the day when I traveled and we had meetings people would ask which one is Kirby those that knew me would tell them just walk down the hall and look for the dude in the Italian suit wearing cowboy boots.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Why in the heck would one do that?
    I can't answer for him, but working in machine shops and wearing cowboy boots since the early 90s, it wouldn't be a bad idea for me.

When I'd buy new boots that had leather soles, they'd only last 3-6 months of walking around the shop.

Now I don't buy leather soled boots to wear to work. There are a lot more options for decent 'work' boots.

cburnworth

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    So who wears cowboy boots and works in IT? Climbing ladders & in ceilings. I currently just wear hiking boots while working. I have a pair of leather soled boots I wear for general purpose

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I can't answer for him, but working in machine shops and wearing cowboy boots since the early 90s, it wouldn't be a bad idea for me.

When I'd buy new boots that had leather soles, they'd only last 3-6 months of walking around the shop.

Now I don't buy leather soled boots to wear to work. There are a lot more options for decent 'work' boots.
    I assumed he meant currently. I wore Mason brand boots that were a Wellington style for metal fab shop to farm wear back in the day. Thought they had a work boot sole. Then they cracked down and we had to wear steel toes and the offerings sucked. Now my work boot of choice is the Ariat Workhog I have a regular boot and a composite toe protection boot.

Ngdonut

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Greenfield, IN
    Boots came in. The fit is different and am leaning towards going up half a size. Have a little heel slip and instep is snuggish, so it checks those boxes, but the toe box is rather cramped. Almost like the boot itself needs to be slightly longer, while the rest of the boot stays the same.

Quality looks real nice though.

Attachments

• B3A490AB-355A-41C5-ABDC-11CD9BA72FC0.jpeg
      B3A490AB-355A-41C5-ABDC-11CD9BA72FC0.jpeg
      739.7 KB · Views: 16
    Last edited:

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    Why in the heck would one do that?
    Why the heck would one want- better traction, better durability, etc. Leather absorbs water, salt and other contaminants destroy leather soles, leather soles have little traction. I'm not talking hiking boots lugs. Vibram make a low profile lug sole that works great on Ropers. YMMV.

:ingo:

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.

Here you go... They need some edge dressing and TLC because they get worn a lot...

20220429_141742.jpg 20220429_141721.jpg 20220429_141703.jpg

My apologies OP for the thead-jack. I have considered Tecovas boots in the past and always like real world reviews!

Top Bottom