• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    Romney signs off on permanent assault weapons ban

"Deadly assault weapons have no place in Massachusetts," Romney said, at a bill signing ceremony on July 1 with legislators, sportsmen's groups and gun safety advocates. "These guns are not made for recreation or self-defense. They are instruments of destruction with the sole purpose of hunting down and killing people."

I wonder who the sportsmen's groups were at the bill signing?

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Ted Nugent isn't someone that anyone should listen to when it comes to anything other than music. Matter of fact, he has enough issues that I'd shy away from anyone that he endorses (also not really sure why him endorsing anything is any kind of story).

Just curious, but how could you payoff someone like Ted? Seriously the guy has literally tens of millions of dollars. What kind of payoff would it take to buy off Ted?

Maybe he promised to offer him help for the next time he wants to have a sexual relationship with a minor, try to marry her but gets denied, so he becomes her legal guardian? Or maybe he is promising the whack job a few missions with the Navy Seals (or whichever Special Forces unit he is pretending to be in these days), you know...since he has been training them since the 1970s.

Maybe the next time he gets caught poaching, he'll help him get out of it. Ted can shoot a bow(really well) and play a guitar. That's about it.

There have been worse things that the moron has done and used fame to get out of. The guy is nothing but a piece of trash. I see his nuthuggers the same way I see Rush Limbaugh's....people I can't really take seriously.

Donnelly

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Cass County
    Payoff... I doubt Ted needs the money that bad. I agree with melensdad. I would imagine that Romney convinced him he would not be part of any anti-gun activity. Ted is probably convinced (like Anne Coulter and others) that Romney is the only Republican that is likely able to beat Obama.

The funny thing is, I would almost guarantee that if Romney gets the Republican nomination we will get four more years of Obama. I think Ron Paul could have pulled some anti-war types from Obama as well as pull some moderates in the general election.

Mark my words, Mitt Romney will be another Bob Dole/John McCain.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Ted Nugent isn't someone that anyone should listen to when it comes to anything other than music. Matter of fact, he has enough issues that I'd shy away from anyone that he endorses (also not really sure why him endorsing anything is any kind of story).

Maybe he promised to offer him help for the next time he wants to have a sexual relationship with a minor, try to marry her but gets denied, so he becomes her legal guardian? Or maybe he is promising the whack job a few missions with the Navy Seals (or whichever Special Forces unit he is pretending to be in these days), you know...since he has been training them since the 1970s.

There have been worse things that the moron has done and used fame to get out of. The guy is nothing but a piece of trash. I see his nuthuggers the same way I see Rush Limbaugh's....people I can't really take seriously.

This is why I am holding out for the .38 Speical endorsement.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    The funny thing is, I would almost guarantee that if Romney gets the Republican nomination we will get four more years of Obama. I think Ron Paul could have pulled some anti-war types from Obama as well as pull some moderates in the general election.

Mark my words, Mitt Romney will be another Bob Dole/John McCain.

Ron Paul is beating Obama in head to head polling. Santorum is the only other one to beat Obama in a head to head (it was USA Today while Ron Paul's was Rasmussen). Right now Santorum is closer in the Rasmussen polling than Romney. Either one would be just as bad as Obama.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I don't like him, but imo if any GOP candidate has a chance to win its Romney. I wish we had better viable options on the table than the two GOP front runners but there just isnt.

I just think Santorum is way too extreme in his religious beliefs to get the swing voters. While I think that may appeal to most conservatives, those are not the votes you need to win, you already have those votes. You need to get the guy/gal who is really affiliated with neither party. Same as every year.

I truly believe the Paul is the only one who actually has what it takes to maybe change anything, but he has no shot to get the GOP nod or the general election even if he did.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Maybe Romney promised Uncle Ted he could be the Secretary of Defense? Well, that or that he could have Hillary Clinton's head on a spike. We all know how much love Ted has for HRC. :dunno:

Blessings,
    Bill

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Maybe Romney promised Uncle Ted he could be the Secretary of Defense? Well, that or that he could have Hillary Clinton's head on a spike. We all know how much love Ted has for HRC. :dunno:

Blessings,
    Bill

Yeah, he'd be qualified for some sort of political position after his years of lying about training Special Ops and lying about being a Navy Seal. The guy needs to be heavily medicated.

1911 DeadHead

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    NWI/ Crown Point
    Yeah, he'd be qualified for some sort of political position after his years of lying about training Special Ops and lying about being a Navy Seal. The guy needs to be heavily medicated.

I don't think there is a medication that can handle THE NUGE. Maybe marijuana.

I like what he stands for, but that guy is bat**** crazy.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I don't like him, but imo if any GOP candidate has a chance to win its Romney. I wish we had better viable options on the table than the two GOP front runners but there just isnt.

I just think Santorum is way too extreme in his religious beliefs to get the swing voters. While I think that may appeal to most conservatives, those are not the votes you need to win, you already have those votes. You need to get the guy/gal who is really affiliated with neither party. Same as every year.

I truly believe the Paul is the only one who actually has what it takes to maybe change anything, but he has no shot to get the GOP nod or the general election even if he did.

Santorum is a practicing Roman Catholic. I suspect the millions of Roman Catholics like me won't think he's "too extreme in his religious beliefs". They may not agree with other things he says and does, but he isn't a religious extremist, no matter how the MSM attempts to make it appear.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?

:rolleyes:

OK, sepe, we get it. You don't like him and post these claims (whether true or not, I don't know and don't really care enough to look up) any time he's mentioned. Many of us do like him. There's no requirement that anyone change their opinion. Really.

Blessings,
    Bill

SteveL

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012
    Did someone mention something about a politician making a promise.....smiles. Yeah, like that's going to be written in stone. I recall Mr. Obama promising to pull our troops out of Iraq in 2007 if he got elected....didn't happen....

Polititicians are famous for MAKING promises...not so much for keeping them.

Top Bottom