Teen Lesbian to attend White House instead of prom!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I have no problem with a person believing that one kind of sexuality or another is a sin. People should be free to form their own religious beliefs. My problem starts when a religious belief pours over into politics and becomes a law. If something is a sin then that means that god is going to take care of it and god doesn't need our help in punishing people. I have no problem with an individual going up to someone and talking to them and explaining why they think that what someone else is doing is wrong, they just need to keep it on a private level.

So, do you feel it is wrong for our government to outlaw pedophilia?

I know there are those who will try to claim I am equating homosexuality and pedophilia. Just save yourself the trouble, and don't bother.

Captain Bligh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008

I know there are those who will try to claim I am equating homosexuality and pedophilia. Just save yourself the trouble, and don't bother.

I'll bother. No, it's not wrong. Outlawing exploitation of an innocent minor is a long way from regulating behavior of consenting adults.

Children have less voice and less power.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I'll bother. No, it's not wrong. Outlawing exploitation of an innocent minor is a long way from regulating behavior of consenting adults.

Children have less voice and less power.

What are you basing that judgement on? Not all cultures in the world today share that moral view.

Captain Bligh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    What are you basing that judgement on? Not all cultures in the world today share that moral view.

Obviously, that's what cultural relativity is all about. However, this is the culture we are living in. Those who think exploiting children is a good idea should move somewhere that it is deemed the norm.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute

The laws against pedophilia are based on the concept that a child cannot consent to sex. Sex without consent is rape. The age of consent varies from state to state. I am not aware of the age of consent being a religious belief.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    The laws against pedophilia are based on the concept that a child cannot consent to sex. Sex without consent is rape. The age of consent varies from state to state. I am not aware of the age of consent being a religious belief.

You sure? There are cultures where it's legal to consumate a religion with brides as young as 9... and moral to do so, according to them. There are cultures where a woman's, or a child's, consent is irrelevant. Our laws are based on our morals.

Where did those morals come from?

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    John 8:1-11

1 But Jesus went to the Mount of Olives.

2 At dawn he appeared again in the temple courts, where all the people gathered around him, and he sat down to teach them.

3 The teachers of the law and the Pharisees brought in a woman caught in adultery. They made her stand before the group

4 and said to Jesus, "Teacher, this woman was caught in the act of adultery.

5 In the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women. Now what do you say?"

6 They were using this question as a trap, in order to have a basis for accusing him. But Jesus bent down and started to write on the ground with his finger.

7 When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "If any one of you is without sin, let him be the first to throw a stone at her."

8 Again he stooped down and wrote on the ground.

9 At this, those who heard began to go away one at a time, the older ones first, until only Jesus was left, with the woman still standing there.

10 Jesus straightened up and asked her, "Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?"

11 "No one, sir," she said. "Then neither do I condemn you," Jesus declared. "Go now and leave your life of sin."

Lots and lots of stones flying around here. :twocents:

Last edited:

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    You sure? There are cultures where it's legal to consumate a religion with brides as young as 9... and moral to do so, according to them. There are cultures where a woman's, or a child's, consent is irrelevant. Our laws are based on our morals.

I'm pretty comfortable with two adults doing what they please in the bedroom and pretty comfortable with requiring a person to get the other person's consent before they have sex with them. As for cultures and religions that let people marry children and have sex with them, I think that is still rape.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan

Well to quote a well versed writer on the subject Richard Dawkins for the book "the God Delusion" Chapter 6 "The roots of morality:why are we good?" pg 247
    There are circumstances in which genes ensure their own selfish survival by influencing organisms to behave altruistically. Those circumstances are now fairly well understood and fall into two main categories. A gene programs individual organisms to favor their genetic kin is statistically likely to benefit copies of itself. Such a gene's frequency can increase in the gene pool to the point where kin altruism becomes the norm. Being good to one's own children is the obvious example, but it is not the only one. Bees, wasps, ants, termites and, to a lesser extent, certain vertebrates such as naked mole rats, meerkats and acorn woodpeckers, have evolved societies in which elder siblings care for younger siblings (with whom they are likely to share the genes for doing the caring). In general, as my late colleague W.D. Hamilton showed, animals tend to care for, defend, share resources with, warn of danger, or otherwise show altruism towards close kin because of the statistical likelihood that kin will share copies of the same genes.
    This is just one example I used but there many more, but I do not type well and I'm not going to post the entire chapter here. You will have to read it for yourself. This is just a SMALL excerpt of it but 30 pages or so dedicated to it are very good reading.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I'm pretty comfortable with two adults doing what they please in the bedroom and pretty comfortable with requiring a person to get the other person's consent before they have sex with them. As for cultures and religions that let people marry children and have sex with them, I think that is still rape.
    Yup, 2 consenting ADULTS should be free to lead their lives as they see fit as long as it does not interfere with others leading their lives as they see fit. Your gay...GREAT, have a good life, your a druggie (sad) but OK...no problem with me unless you are stealing to pay for the habit (that affects someone else), you want to smoke some weed in your house...OK with me...its your house so why would I care? You want to be a prostitute, OK but no sex in public for crying out loud...no one wants to see that nastyness...yuk. I know I know, sometimes people are surprised that a jackbooted thug thinks so progressively ;).

Son of Liberty

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    The issue is many adults don't choose to be "adjusted" because we don't want to be
    "adjusted." Also, we shouldn't have to subjugate our children to being "adjusted" to something we do not believe in, and/or accept if that is what we choose. As they have their choice, so do we. Majority rules in this country still if I'm not mistaken even though that is chipping away one day at a time. Ignorance is a broad claim for gay supporters as the opposition is very well educated thanks to the gay communities relentless campaign. They know all about gay-rights issues, wants, and complaints...They just don't agree with them. That doesn't make them ignorant, redneck, religious, or bigots. If that was the case than homosexuals would be ignorant bigots of heterosexual lifestyles as well.

The issue isn't with what she wanted to wear or who she wanted to bring. It lies in the fact that how she went about it was done so to bring unruly turmoil to the student body and upset the schools atmosphere and learning experience for her benefit. (Look what it has already done to upset the school's "state" guided learning experience, and the prom hadn't even happened.) While this is an extracurricular event, it is still put on by the school/state, who has the final say. IMO< the fact that she felt the need to announce she was wearing a tux and bringing another girl to the world; just screams she did it all for attention which voids any sympathy from me. If she would have just went, got turned away, and then went to the papers. I would have probably sided with her argument regardless of my personal stance on the subject. Now, all she has managed to do is make all of her "former" classmates hate her and ruin any chance of shedding light onto her lifestyle in a positive way. Instead her old classmates have a bad experience in dealing with gay rights and are that much more apt to be opposed to anything gay-rights related in the future.

so her other opition would have been to not attend the prom with her girlfriend because the school and the community didn't like her lifestyle?
    Thats the jist of it. You and others would have her as they say "keep her mouth shut and not make a big deal of it". Correct? So my question is when a person is not allowed to be who they are freely, when is it ok in your opinion to make a big deal of it?

Id say that she probably brought up the fact that she wanted to wear tux, because she already saw the community and schools reaction coming. I don't know how long she lived and went to school there, but it dosen't take long of hanging with the locals of an area, to get a feel for how they think.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Yup, 2 consenting ADULTS should be free to lead their lives as they see fit as long as it does not interfere with others leading their lives as they see fit. Your gay...GREAT, have a good life, your a druggie (sad) but OK...no problem with me unless you are stealing to pay for the habit (that affects someone else), you want to smoke some weed in your house...OK with me...its your house so why would I care? You want to be a prostitute, OK but no sex in public for crying out loud...no one wants to see that nastyness...yuk. I know I know, sometimes people are surprised that a jackbooted thug thinks so progressively ;).

Epic. Seriously, epic. Please seek a position where your input can have an effect on the current state of law. I didn't say enforcement. Law would be good enough for me. Or law enforcement, whatever, as long as liberty is served. I just want more of THIS involved in the thought process of those with enforcement powers. :yesway:

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    Not only do we need to get back to the original intent of the documents made by our founders, we need to get back to the principles they used to write those documents.

:twocents::ingo::patriot:

Good luck finding the intent of any 200+ year old document. You won't find any decent judge arguing for original intent.

Original meaning, yes. Original intent, hell no; all but impossible to ascertain.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    Good luck finding the intent of any 200+ year old document. You won't find any decent judge arguing for original intent.

Original meaning, yes. Original intent, hell no; all but impossible to ascertain.

Yeah, Beau, good friggin luck... Communism has taken over.
    The perversion of Christian, it's thriving demonization is here to stay. Where Larry David can pee pee all over a painting of Jesus and expect nothing, but mention that child touching perv, muhammud, and your likely to be killed.

Joe, you are one... Nevermind. I try to be nice to everyone but I take issues like this seriously. Joke about it all you want. :noway:

School: We’ll Give Condoms To Kindergartners If They Ask. It Doesn’t Matter What Parents Say.

A 10-year-old boy has been named grand marshal for a gay-pride parade this weekend – prompting a family-advocacy group to call the decision "child abuse" and urge the local mayor to withdraw city support for the event.

The American Family Association spoke out against Will Phillips' scheduled participation Saturday in the Northwest Arkansas Pride parade in Fayetteville, Ark.

"It's shameful that adults would abuse a brainwashed child in this way," AFA President Tim Wildmon wrote in a press release. "He's obviously just parroting the nonsense he's been told by manipulative adults. For gay activists to trot out this child and make him the poster child for promoting unnatural sexual expression is a form of child abuse."
    http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=170553
    http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=170553

Perverts use children as propaganda
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7VslxGsnRk]YouTube - Perverts use children as propaganda[/ame]

The North American Man/Boy Love Association (NAMBLA) is a New York City and San Francisco-based unincorporated organization in the United States that advocates the liberalization of laws against sexual relations between adult and minor males. NAMBLA also calls for "the adoption of laws that both protect children from unwanted sexual experiences and at the same time leave them free to determine the content of their own sexual experiences."

North American Man/Boy Love Association - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Welcome to NAMBLA's Home Page
    WELCOME! The North American Man/Boy Love Association (NAMBLA) was formed in 1978. It was inspired by the success of a campaign based in Boston's gay community to defend against a local witchhunt.

NAMBLA calls for the empowerment of youth in all areas, not just the sexual. We support greater economic, political and social opportunities for young people and denounce the rampant ageism that segregates and isolates them in fear and mistrust. We believe sexual feelings are a positive life force. We support the rights of youth as well as adults to choose the partners with whom they wish to share and enjoy their bodies.

We condemn sexual abuse and all forms of coercion. Freely-chosen relationships differ from unwanted sex. Present laws, which focus only on the age of the participants, ignore the quality of their relationships. We know that differences in age do not preclude mutual, loving interaction between persons. NAMBLA is strongly opposed to age-of-consent laws and all other restrictions which deny men and boys the full enjoyment of their bodies and control over their own lives.

Still dont bother, joe? :noway: Continue your support of it.. Im just a stupid guy looking to infringe on perverts rights. :rolleyes:

T-rav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    This girl should of just kept her mouth shut about it all and brought her g/f to the prom. They would of had a good time and enjoyed the night. There are plenty of girls that go to prom together weather they are homosexual or not thats another story. It's not uncommon for girls to go to prom together, she had every intention of stirring up the hornets nest.

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    Well to quote a well versed writer on the subject Richard Dawkins for the book "the God Delusion" Chapter 6 "The roots of morality:why are we good?" pg 247
    There are circumstances in which genes ensure their own selfish survival by influencing organisms to behave altruistically. Those circumstances are now fairly well understood and fall into two main categories. A gene programs individual organisms to favor their genetic kin is statistically likely to benefit copies of itself. Such a gene's frequency can increase in the gene pool to the point where kin altruism becomes the norm. Being good to one's own children is the obvious example, but it is not the only one. Bees, wasps, ants, termites and, to a lesser extent, certain vertebrates such as naked mole rats, meerkats and acorn woodpeckers, have evolved societies in which elder siblings care for younger siblings (with whom they are likely to share the genes for doing the caring). In general, as my late colleague W.D. Hamilton showed, animals tend to care for, defend, share resources with, warn of danger, or otherwise show altruism towards close kin because of the statistical likelihood that kin will share copies of the same genes.
    This is just one example I used but there many more, but I do not type well and I'm not going to post the entire chapter here. You will have to read it for yourself. This is just a SMALL excerpt of it but 30 pages or so dedicated to it are very good reading.

There's centuries of moral philosophy research that doesn't include a single mention of any God.

Your post is a good example, :yesway: but there are plenty. People here just refuse to read.

XMil

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Columbus
    This girl did more, and risked more, to further her belief than 99.999% of people that sit around b******* about how bad our government is.

Sadly, I fall into the second group.

Top Bottom