• ...and so much more!
  • Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Coyote attack? Something tells me he is just trying to cover his ***. But that is sad to hear. Prayers to the guy's family.

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Sure... Attacking yotes... Best run out of the house with guns a blazing.

You can't fix stupid... It's permanent. Time to get Jason away from here.

Pyriel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Carmel
    This reminds me of the incident about a week ago where the guy shot the neighbors cat thinking it was a coyote, but on a much larger scale......He gave them permission to use the land, but didn't know they were using it that day? You'll have to pardon me for wanting to stab a person for being an idiot (I don't advocate gun violence hence stab and not shoot, it only gives the liberals more ammunition against gun owners) But seriously guy when the **** did you think they were going to be out there?

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Very sad indeed for all involved, and for you and I as law abiding gun owners. Murders and shootings as part of robberies can usually be attributed to criminal behavior and easily deflected away from the larger law abiding gun owning community. But something like this is sure to be fuel for the fire for the anti gun movement. If not for an outright ban, it will certainly be all the more fuel for tougher requirements to own a gun. (Which, truth be told may not be a bad thing, especially when people do stupid stuff like this).

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    When people shoot, they often shoot to relieve feelings of stress, fear or apprehension. Years ago I saw a five year girl with a canoe parked in her forehead caused by someone who came home from work mad at the boss and decided to let off steam with a few rounds from an SKS.

I know people get mad at me for endlessly repeating the Four Rules and stressing their importance. I know that many in the gun culture take the position that if it does not happen to them, then it does not happen (guns firing upon loading or unloading, holsters causing discharges, people shooting blindly, inter alia) but wouldn't you want to learn from the mistakes of others than from yourself.

Wouldn't you rather not take the life of a young man and be haunted your entire life by your stupidity just by following the Four Rules?

If you want to scare them, buy a Halloween mask.

If you want to relieve stress, buy a heavy bag and a jump rope.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Wouldn't you rather not take the life of a young man and be haunted your entire life by your stupidity just by following the Four Rules?

My fear is that this guy won't be haunted, but will just go upon his merry way until he does something similar unless severely punished. Unfortunately, the people who do the unconscionable are often conscienceless.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I saw this on WISH tv, this morning, and "they" said he saw movement in the woods, and "thought" it was coyetes, and fired several "warning" shots... he didn't know, there were "teens" in the woods playing paint ball..... such a tragic loss prayers to the families involved .....

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    A more fun stress-reliever

Marry (or insert your life-option here) a younger, hot-fluid filled, expressive Mediterranean-boot lineage female who really loves you, and digs you, and find stress-relief together. It's worked 50+ years for us! Also, I consider the "4 rules" as important as breathing. Not an optional activity.
    When people shoot, they often shoot to relieve feelings of stress, fear or apprehension.
    I know people get mad at me for endlessly repeating the Four Rules and stressing their importance.
    If you want to relieve stress, buy a heavy bag and a jump rope.

Patrolman1981

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2010
    Richmond, In
    He can say what he want, but I will bet the prosecutor files some charges in this case. Maybe not murder, but atleast criminal recklessness and maybe negligent manslaughter. WHat ever happened to what we were taught when we were 5. Know your target and what lies behind your target. Nobody ever said shoot wildly at a unknown "coyote". Very sad.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    He can say what he want, but I will bet the prosecutor files some charges in this case. Maybe not murder, but atleast criminal recklessness and maybe negligent manslaughter. WHat ever happened to what we were taught when we were 5. Know your target and what lies behind your target. Nobody ever said shoot wildly at a unknown "coyote". Very sad.

I would hope that he does.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana

Sadly not many people learn those rules as kids anymore. Either they are taught that "guns are bad and scarey" or they learn about them from TV, movies, or video games.

I distinctly remember when my dad took me out to the woods for the first time to explain gun safety to me. I was probably 6 or 7 years old. He fired his .22 into a mud bank of a ditch, making a significant hole in the bank. He then told me it would do the same to a person, and to never EVER point a gun at another person, or shoot at something that I didn't intend to kill. That stuck with me.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Sadly not many people learn those rules as kids anymore. Either they are taught that "guns are bad and scarey" or they learn about them from TV, movies, or video games.

I distinctly remember when my dad took me out to the woods for the first time to explain gun safety to me. I was probably 6 or 7 years old. He fired his .22 into a mud bank of a ditch, making a significant hole in the bank. He then told me it would do the same to a person, and to never EVER point a gun at another person, or shoot at something that I didn't intend to kill. That stuck with me.
    I took my kids out, at a very young age, 6-7 years, and shot cantelope, and apples, and other "fruit" and vegetables, and said that is what happens to YOUR head..... always BE CAREFUL, and do NOT point YOUR gun at SOMETHING you do NOT intend to DESTROY !!!!!

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Firing blindly into the woods because you thought it was a "coyote attack"? Really? This kind of thing reflects poorly on all gunowners, unfortunately. Non-gunowners think we're all like this. :(

This doesn't reflect badly on all gun owners any more than
    a horrendous car crash reflects badly on car owners
    The shooter is either permanently stupid or is mentally unstable. I would bet he has significant psychological issues.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The shooter is either permanently stupid or is mentally unstable. I would bet he has significant psychological issues.

I'd like to agree, but that's simply not true. The perception by most will be negative.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN

My dad used a watermelon and a .30-06. He said it would the same thing to someone's head.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    You know that, and I know that, but the anti-gunners don't know that.

Top Bottom