• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    Every female in my family shot trap, grandpa & granduncle had trap houses in the back yard.
    They shot everything from 4-10 to 12 ga depending on what they were comfortable with.
    My wife likes her Krieghoff and has 12 & 20 ga barrel sets.

Everyone takes a turn in the 'Spider House' (trap house) with the Winchester Western White 'Knuckle Buster', even the women.
    I didn't get either one of those old cast iron throwers, mine is sheet metal and needs replacement parts regularly instead of going 50 years without a failure...
    It's great family fun and it sends a message to potential teen boyfriends!

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    Shoot what your comfortable with. My twin 17 year old boys shoot skeet and trap in a couple youth clubs. They do better with the 12 gauge and always have. There's very little difference in kick when you use skeet loads. Also, they like an inertia semi-auto 12 gauge for skeet. They actually do best with a lightweight Turkish 12 gauge and routinely beat kids who are using 2000 dollar plus Brownings and Benneli. My sons use an over under 12 gauge for Trap. I wouldn't recommend a pump shotgun because pumps make it real tough on hitting doubles. Especially if you want to be competitive. A lot of the older Gentlemen who coach the youth clubs actually use 410's. Maybe just to show off - but those old guys rarely miss and are impressive.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Looks like she has chosen the 12 ga. Her choice. A little surprised just because she is so little, but not too surprised because she is so tough. When she was 10 I had her brother and her out for the day on the PWC, swimming, and target shooting with my Ruger MkII. She was really making her 4 years older brother look bad. Amazing to watch her shoot at 10. She also admitted target shooting was the most fun that day.

Top Bottom