• ...and so much more!
  • Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    Wow!
    I just read an article about the history of dentists & dental practices down through the centuries.

I have a couple 10lb. bottles of nitrous oxide here and I think a couple more wouldn't hurt a thing!
    It seems up until the US civil war there wasn't much in the way of anesthesia...
    I can see why pulling teeth was preferable to a root canal!

When a tooth root abscessed, apparently it was common to cut the gum back and use a carpenter chisel to remove root/bone.
    Doesn't sound fun to me!
    I don't want to be awake for that!

No, I believe I'll keep going to the dentist, couple hundred bucks a year doesn't seem like that much all the sudden! ...

Back in the days of wooden ships and iron men, the barber was also the dentist. In the movie "Master and Commander' the guy that was studying the anatomy book so feverishly so he could take out the round shot from Doctor Maturin was (in the books) said barber/dentist.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Back in the days of wooden ships and iron men, the barber was also the dentist. In the movie "Master and Commander' the guy that was studying the anatomy book so feverishly so he could take out the round shot from Doctor Maturin was (in the books) said barber/dentist.

th

Top Bottom