• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    FOX brand , I don't know how to link , else I would . If you run a search you'll find this exact same topic has been covered .

Civie's and LEO's agree .

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    Fox 5.3 or Top Cop (ALS).

While it can be as easy as "point and shoot" an OC class would still be a good idea. You learn a lot about the effects of sprays and better deployment methods.

Feign

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Columbus-ish
    I purchased Fox Labs from Fox Pepper Spray and Mace Pepper Spray here in Indy. Great guys! We sprayed the stuff at the ground and seems to have good coverage and spray distance. Have not had to use it yet so I do not really know the human effects.

Nice. Forwarded that link to the girl. Been meaning for her to pick some of the FOX up since she's apprehensive about getting her LTCH.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    I thought the video that Shay posted was interesting because during the "debriefing" after the training experience, the guy who was sprayed said he thought pepper spray was a good defensive tool, BUT then want on to say he was able to fight through the effects, and would have been able to draw and fire his weapon.

SO, why wouldn't a determined attacker be able to do the same thing!?

I can see spray as a force continuum tool, and for other reasons, but I wouldn't want to rely on spray alone to save/preserve my own neck.

Any thoughts on this?

mikea46996

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Winamac
    I want the best brand. Best reach, more potent etc. etc.

Thanks.

I am confused by your title.... Are you planning on using this on your wife? As in what is the best pepper spray for my wife?

Or....

Is this item to be purchased as an item you will give to your wife? As in what is the best pepper spray for my wife?

Well either way you may consider the foaming ones with the dye agent in them it stays on longer, has less blowback and will color the assailant for identification.

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    I thought the video that Shay posted was interesting because during the "debriefing" after the training experience, the guy who was sprayed said he thought pepper spray was a good defensive tool, BUT then want on to say he was able to fight through the effects, and would have been able to draw and fire his weapon.

SO, why wouldn't a determined attacker be able to do the same thing!?

I can see spray as a force continuum tool, and for other reasons, but I wouldn't want to rely on spray alone to save/preserve my own neck.

Any thoughts on this?

Sprays are not instantly incapacitating and they do affect people differently. The guy in the video is mentally prepared to fight through the effects of being sprayed and it is clear with a strong Mindset and some training, he could have continued to be dangerous.

Some good rules of thumb are spray and move, gain distance and do not allow yourself to be cornered. Be prepared to go hands on or deploy other weapons if necessary.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    The absolute best stuff on the market is Freeze +P made Aerko International out of Fort Lauderdale FL.
    It effects your ability to fight by restricting your breathing, as well as your ability to see, If you cant catch your breath you can not fight!! 10% was developed for animal attacks, (bear) and although will burn your eyes and skin it does not do anything to sap your strength, just my :twocents: worth.

Top Bottom