• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Unfortunately I don't have an update. I've been so busy since I put it together that I haven't shot it in months. I was getting nice groups but always seemed to have one flier for some reason, haven't had time to iron out the issue. I'm hoping to have a range set up on my new place which should allow me time to shoot more often.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Looking forward to the update.

In terms of longer range from an AR, I think the Valkyrie is turning into a bust, lots and lots of reports of accuracy just not being there. Sure it's supersonic to long range. But who cares if it's just as inaccurate as something that went trans-sonic?

6.8 has the appeal of having some military development behind it, so it's farther along in the development curve-- well, SHOULD be. It's appreciably stronger than the 5.56 by about 30% more ME at short range. Not sure what the current state of 6.8 is other than you won't find ammo on shelves and only recently are brass companies offering it again (Starline now has some).

6.5 seems to be the best all around package, but the proprietary aspects of it are frustrating.

Personally, I'm also looking into 6mmAR.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Got a bear creek 6.5 for 325 on black Friday and just got it yesterday. Lower is not what i wanted, just cheap not unfunctional. I had a built lower with a nice trigger, grip, and stock ready to go so i swapped it on there. Have a redfield revolution 3-9x40 on top. Probably getting a rattle can camo when it decides top stop raining. If it runs and holds under 2moa it'll be my new deer rifle. Seems nice enough mechanically just unrefined finishing.

VrUZoTI.jpg

King31

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    I'll be surprised if it's more than 2 moa. Mine easily shoots less than 1 moa.

I'd agree. Unfortunately with BCA there are duds just like with some PSA barrels. I just got a 12" upper from them and it is right around 2MOA with Hornady American Gunner. Ggreen, what ammo do you plan on shooting?

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I'd agree. Unfortunately with BCA there are duds just like with some PSA barrels. I just got a 12" upper from them and it is right around 2MOA with Hornady American Gunner. Ggreen, what ammo do you plan on shooting?

Hornady black 123gr. I dont have high expectations so i wont be disappointed if the barrel is a dud lol.

King31

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    Hornady black 123gr. I dont have high expectations so i wont be disappointed if the barrel is a dud lol.

That's a fair statement and I hope it shoots lights out! Ammo availability in stores is my only complaint. It's plentiful online though! I have shot 3/4MOA with my Odin, but in all fairness it is a heavy match barrel.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That's the Creedmoor which is a whole different animal! You should be able to shoot 1000yards if needed!

It is the 6.5C and I am still learning. Not sure what it even likes yet.

Edit.....OK, now I see the thread title is about the Grendle. Nope,dont have one of those.

King31

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    Well im impressed. Just over 1 moa 5 shot group 3 touching and the other two touching with 2 sighters.

Eu05Mkb.jpg

Dang that’s pretty impressive! Should get better as you send more rounds through it as well. What distance do you plan on deer hunting with it? If memory serves 50/200 yard or 25/100 yard zeros are pretty common.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I have a few places where I could reach out 500 to 600 yards. Generally speaking though I hunt areas with 200yard max. Coyote I may take a longer shot, deer will mostly be in the 25- 200yard range. I've got family that farms so I've got exclusive access to some pretty decent ground.

Top Bottom