• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    My wife has one. Do I like it? Not really, but I cannot knock it either. It is light, fairly accurate, and other than the grip issues I had when she first bought it, its been flawless. The mag would pop out under recoil, and after a bit of digging, I found that with my normal grip, my thumb would hit the mag release, and let the mag drop. I have rather large hands, and its a small gun, so a slightly modified grip is to be expected.

The only other mini 9 in the safe is my Kahr MK-9, and comparing the two would be like comparing a Chevette with a Lotus. Both are similar size, both are 4 cylinder cars, but the similarities end there.

If the Kel-Tec is what you can afford, and you are willing to overlook the things that some here complain about, then its a fine gun for personal defense.

JAH

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    Have one carried for about 2 years in my pocket fit perfectly. Expended 800-900 rounds through it from when I purchased it. Not a bad pistol, yes long trigger pull but it is a mini 9, recoils hard, only ever had 1 fail to feed that was a grip problem never failed to fire. Safe queen now carry a G36.
    My :twocents:

KoopaKGB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    South Bend
    Sister's husband just bought one. Not a gun I would consider and know nothing about.
    If you have one, what has been your experience?
    Owned two, sold one. Both were bought second hand. Both went bang with every trigger pull. As others have said, LONG TRIGGER PULL. Plus a long reset, plus fairly intense recoil (its the smallest 9mm you can get so makes sense). But for all these reasons, its hard to get really accurate with it. In comparison, my LCP I can make excellent hits with, even at 25 yards I'm still center mass despite it's miniscule sights, at 25 yards with the PF9, I'm ALL over the place. Head, bottom torso, left, right, everywhere. Granted at 7 yards its not that bad.

PS. KelTec says NO to dry firing without a snap cap. That kind of ticks me off as my LCP, as well as most of my guns, are safe to dry fire without a snap cap.

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    I've used one as a BUG/Car gun for about a year and a half now. I've not had any issues with it. I don't care for it as an EDC but have carried it from time to time when I needed better concealment.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Like a Mother-In-Law, either you love it or hate it. Had mine for many years without any problems and need to break it in with at least 250-300 rounds, just not at the same time and needs to be kept clean and oiled. For the price not bad for pocket carry.

logain

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    Fishers
    I had one and sold it. Mine didn't really have any issues I just did not like the trigger or the recoil. My friend had one that was just terrible, multiple issues and trips back to the factory to get repaired. It seems to be hit or miss on reliability. Personally I recommend to people that they spend a little more money and get a better gun.

Top Bottom