• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jbondmonroe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Columbus
    Of course, all I seem to hear is about is how some idiot shot someone or robbed someone at gunpoint. There has to be some good things happening. I get tired of all the negative rap guns are getting just because some bumba** has one. Anyone hearing anything good?

katfishinking

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2012
    southwestern ind.
    only locally. mainstream media, which is run by our gov. I believe, is not airing anything positive about guns. just their way of pushing their agenda foreward. that's the way I see it anyway.

parkerj112

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.8%
    30   1   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    Do you read your rifleman magazine? There are lots of good stories in there. Often they go bad guy X tried to kill, rape, steal from ect. good guy Y and got shot. There are even some of them that end VERY well, where X can no longer do any of the "bad things" again.

Parker

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    The Obamedia is sticking to the party line. For years you could get stabbed, beaten, run over, killed in a stupid hospital mistake or any number of other bizarre causes and it won't make national news, UNLESS a firearm is involved and it isn't a case of self-defense. It isn't a tinfoil hat thing, it really is a conspiracy.

You can confirm this by looking at real data and statistics on causes of death instead of accepting the hand selected anecdotal evidence that guns are all bad, offered by a leftwing controlled media.

Jbondmonroe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Columbus
    Do you read your rifleman magazine? There are lots of good stories in there. Often they go bad guy X tried to kill, rape, steal from ect. good guy Y and got shot. There are even some of them that end VERY well, where X can no longer do any of the "bad things" again.

Parker

Mostly just gun owners are reading it though. It's not out there for everyone to hear about it.

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    I'm buying a 1940 home that has a root cellar / storm cellar that will make a great gun safe / safe room / reloading room. That's good news for me that I just wanted to share.

mwagner

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    It is truly sad that the main stream media just show the bad things people do with guns, instead of all the good things and good memories being created by guns. Maybe we will eventually get to where people recognize all the good done and not just the few bad things done.

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    it all depends on what you are looking at and allowing into your brain. Stop watching main stream media, you know exactly what it is, its lies and garbage, look up local truth tellers. you will see how much better you feel daily and how much happier you are. it sure changes me.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I entered this thread for a "pick me up"...so far I am left with "really, that is the best we can do?!?!?" Where is the good news out there?

Fantasizing about living in the country or finding a house with a root cellar is a nice escape but not in the cards in my future (just frustrating).

Lets hear from the guys that have their ears to the ground regarding:
    -anti gun legislation that isn't going anywhere, because (like Scutter01's signature) taking ONLY SOME OF OUR RIGHTS isn't a compromise, it is still taking something that wasn't theirs to take!
    -pallets of .22lr at their LGS at prices similar to before the supply dried up.
    -people stepping up to say they are pro-gun suggesting the tides are turning and you don't have to stay "in the closet" in society as a gun enthusiast. (Not that I put ANY importance on celebrity endorsements, but it does serve as somewhat of a feeler for what is socially acceptable)
    -Local, INGO members, or otherwise regular folks that have stories about winning over their friends, neighbors, or random guy from an internet forum and getting them to open their minds about gun ownership.

I love the concept of this thread and WANT TO HEAR MORE!

Volt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Southport
    I seen a "teaser" story on Fox 59 one morning about 2 guys trying to rob a guy who was packing and shot and killed one of the robbers, the other took off. It was last week but I never seen the whole story.....

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    I'm buying a 1940 home that has a root cellar / storm cellar that will make a great gun safe / safe room / reloading room. That's good news for me that I just wanted to share.

Congrats. Question: Do you have any concerns of flooding or humidity (I would be surprised if the concrete has any vapor barrier under it).

Top Bottom