• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Airwolf

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    Terre Haute, IN
    The more recent SAI guns are more suspect to being out of mil-spec than the preban guns. It may be in spec as far as SAI is concerned, but is not in spec per the M14 blueprints. Due to that SAI won't do anything about it. They are great guns, but have some idiosyncrasies to them.

The M14FiringLine is a great place to get information on the M1A/M14 platform.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    I bought this ARMSCORP M14 NM
    Gun retains 98% original finish. Excellent bore. Excellent glass bedded stock. Excellent working order. Comes with one standard GI magazine and sling. Pre-ban gun made around 1989-1990. Serial number is A005XXX
    pix900244140.jpg

pix405521037.jpg

pix748096293.jpg

pix660946446.jpg

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    I'm guessing that period of Armscorp has all USGI parts, nice find. If you look up the serial numbers on the SAI's it will tell you what to expect to find as far as USGI parts...

Airwolf

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    Terre Haute, IN
    Polytech's aren't supposed to be too bad either. They have a forged receiver, which I believe is made on the tooling we sold to China and most of the parts are USGI. There are stories of soft bolts, but just replace it with a USGI can forget about it.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    Polytech's aren't supposed to be too bad either. They have a forged receiver, which I believe is made on the tooling we sold to China and most of the parts are USGI. There are stories of soft bolts, but just replace it with a USGI can forget about it.
    I've heard of the soft bolts, but haven't found any poly tech owners that have had problems with their bolts. I have two spare ploy tech bolts:D

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    The more recent SAI guns are more suspect to being out of mil-spec than the preban guns. It may be in spec as far as SAI is concerned, but is not in spec per the M14 blueprints. Due to that SAI won't do anything about it. They are great guns, but have some idiosyncrasies to them.

The M14FiringLine is a great place to get information on the M1A/M14 platform.

My M1A left the factory on 8/23/12 and all the measurements posted on Sparrrowhawk's and Sadlak's pages are correct. I used metrology tools to measure.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I don't have a lot of experience with the plain Springfields, other than no one ever complains about them. I jumped all thw way in for a Supermatch, composite stock, the whole works. It shot great. The trigger was great, The accuracy was great. I shot service rifle class so I never used a scope on it, I don't know how well that would have worked. I know the Supermatch models are a TON of money, and you have to wait forever to get one, but did I mention, mine shot great.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    My M1A left the factory on 8/23/12 and all the measurements posted on Sparrrowhawk's and Sadlak's pages are correct. I used metrology tools to measure.

^+1 on that^

I have a 2005 Socom II w/USGI internals and a 2007 Standard w/USGI internals. Receivers are all in spec. I don't worry about it since Springfield has fantastic customer service. I have backup extractors just in case, as these are the only concerns I have with the platform. :ingo:

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Bump for an SAI that went back to SAI for a broken extractor. Fed-Ex showed it got there today. :xmad:

Top Bottom