• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

jcwhite4232

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2011
    I am here w/ a group of military personnel training Soldiers at Camp Atterbury. I came across the site through a search and found it very interesting.

I did some research and IN law considers Military stationed here, even TCS orders, legal IN resid. as long as you have something issued from the State of IN w/ a local address and order showing the TCS dates, along w/ a valid DL from any state and a military ID.

Anyone have any experience...

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Welcome to the site, and thank you for serving!

I don't have any experience with that, but if I'm understanding what you wrote correctly, that means if you're here long enough to establish residency, any firearm permit or license you have from another state is no longer valid and you would have to acquire an Indiana License to Carry a Handgun (LTCH) in order to carry your handgun off the base (ie, out of your house or away from your place of business). If you're a resident of another state, any license or permit you have there is valid in IN, but if you're an IN resident, you need to have an IN LTCH.

Hopefully someone with more specific experience can verify that for you.

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    :welcome: to :ingo: !!!

And yes, IN considers you a resident as long as you have a copy of the orders with you. I entered the Army thru MI and used my weekend pass orders to fish while I was home until I received an IN DL.

Not real sure about the CCW end of it, but IN considers MIL as temporary residents so I dont see how, or where it states you give up your permanent residency or rights.....

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom