• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Bought the Savage as a Xmas present for my 11 year old. Shoots great, but had 2 light primer strikes in the first 20 rounds, the next 20 were all good.
    Anything to worry about?
    grab a brick and go to town. rimfire is not reliable. period.

IronsKeeper

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 5, 2018
    Not today, ISIS
    I'm not too worried about it, just never had one that had an obviously light hit like that. All other casings had solid hits.
    Also something to be said regarding many firearms needing a break in period.

And with .22, cost isn't an excuse. Put another 200 rounds through it. Also, big boxes of .22 are still mass production cheapies. There will be duds.

I think the individually placed 50 boxes of CCI are better but I'm no .22 ammo expert

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

2-Alpha

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2018
    Indianapolis area
    I'm not too worried about it, just never had one that had an obviously light hit like that. All other casings had solid hits.
    Is it a semi-auto? (I can't get the link to load right now.)
    On an auto, a light hit is usually because the bolt stopped a smidge short of fully closed and after the firing pin closed it the rest of the way there wasn't enough oomph left to fire it. That should get better as it breaks in, but also also try some different ammo. I've especially seen Rem. have that problem. My guns all like the Win 222/333/555, but the Fed 550-round boxes at Walmart are cheaper.

mlouisalbert

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2012
    Elkhart
    That Savage is a great buy. I picked up one for $99 a couple years back at the Walmart in Sturgis, MI. Spur of the moment purchase, but it was a great price for a very accurate and reliable unit. Nothing fancy, but it works.

My son is 7and I need to replace the .22 that we had.... guess I need to start paying more attention to walmart then!

Top Bottom