• actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    That would be a good read for noobs.
    Actually, for many of us. Sometimes it's difficult to admit you made a mistake, learn from it, and move on.

Spyco

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 26, 2012
    NWI
    Some times you have to relearn these lessons from time to time. I forget about some of them every once in while when I see something I want badly, even if it's a questionable gun. I love odd looking but not the most practical guns. :(

bigbaloo95

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2014
    wolcottville
    Another subtle thing I took from this article was SHE did the research when buying her first gun. I see so many women told what they should be buying at gun shops/shows it is a shame. My wife looks behind a gun counter and stresses to any first time buyer to buy what they feel comfortable with and if possible go rent or borrow the model they are looking at buying. Also anyone who hasn't bought a gun they thought would be a winner only to have it be a jamming turd hasn't been in the shooting sports very long. Cool article.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    Can't dispute a single point... Experiencing the Customer Service one currently. This place will need to show some improvement to get more of my money or for me to recommend them to others.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Good article. :yesway:

I especially liked that it hit on the occasional frustrations with bad running guns that most of us have had, and that they shouldn't be allowed to spoil the fun. Learn from the mistakes, move on and have fun.

I've had three Kimber 1911s, still have two of them. I could relate to the article because the one Kimber 1911 that I parted company with was also a 3-inch (Eclipse Ultra). I got rid of mine not because it didn't run well, I actually never had any feed issues with it. I just never got comfortable with how it fit my hand.

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    Quoted from article:
    I had never been so excited as when I walked into that gun store, or so worried as when the owner implied that I was making a straw purchase for my husband. I was never so insulted as when he tried to talk me out of my beautiful Kimber

And then she says "
    I wanted to take it back to the store and demand my money back, but I was reminded that all sales were final and I felt like I’d been ripped off."

Gun store person tried to talk her out of buying that particular gun and then it is their fault it didn't run and they ripped her off?
    :rolleyes:

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Quoted from article:
    I had never been so excited as when I walked into that gun store, or so worried as when the owner implied that I was making a straw purchase for my husband. I was never so insulted as when he tried to talk me out of my beautiful Kimber

And then she says "
    I wanted to take it back to the store and demand my money back, but I was reminded that all sales were final and I felt like I’d been ripped off."

Gun store person tried to talk her out of buying that particular gun and then it is their fault it didn't run and they ripped her off?
    :rolleyes:

They didn't try to talk her out of it because they knew it was junk. They tried to talk her out of it because she was a women and couldn't handle the mighty .45, best she stick with a snubby. At least that is the way I read it.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    They didn't try to talk her out of it because they knew it was junk. They tried to talk her out of it because she was a women and couldn't handle the mighty .40, best she stick with a snubby. At least that is the way I read it.

Fixed.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    They didn't try to talk her out of it because they knew it was junk. They tried to talk her out of it because she was a women and couldn't handle the mighty .45, best she stick with a snubby. At least that is the way I read it.

Agreed... And totally the wrong way to approach a customer, IMO. Yet another reason I don't work at a LGS and am an Instructor.

t-squared

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Crown Point
    Soooo, she states she was never so exasperated after seeing all the money she spent on gunsmiths trying to get the Kimber to run right...........but doesn't mention sending it back to them, a brand new gun, and giving them a chance to make it right....hmmmm

Top Bottom