• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Granite Falls, NC
    Wait a second...does this mean if a full-auto weapon was manufactured in the state that this law was passed, it would make it available for purchase without ATF paperwork and a tax stamp?

That would be awesome. Full autos would be affordable again...at least if you lived in a state that had this legislation.

Tandem160

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Could this also mean that ANY firearm manufactured in Tennessee MAY NOT be transported FROM or SOLD TO anyone outside of Tennessee? What would interstate commerce actually mean?

El Cazador

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    NW Hendricks CO
    What guns are made here in Indiana?

There's the guy wanting to start making at least lowers down near Madison, I think. He's on here:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/long_guns/24129-new_manufacturer.html

Wait a second...does this mean if a full-auto weapon was manufactured in the state that this law was passed, it would make it available for purchase without ATF paperwork and a tax stamp?

That would be awesome. Full autos would be affordable again...at least if you lived in a state that had this legislation.

That would be nice, but even Montana knows there will be a long drawn out court fight with the Feds over this and full auto stuff not being severely controlled by the BATFE. They are looking for a "squeaky clean" guy willing to be the test case in court to start it all off. I hope they have very deep pockets, 'cause the Feds are going to bring everything they have to shut that notion down. Tennessee would (and probably will) see the same strong arm tactics, and fairly soon too I'd bet, to throw a wet blanket on any other states getting "the wrong idea" about this Federalism stuff..

Maybe our kids might see this finally come to pass, but I doubt you and I will. It will drag on forever in the courts to wear down the states and the people's bank accounts.

I so want a M4gery with a happy switch, though :wwub: :bacondance:

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    There could be some repercussions. For example on interstate commerce. But I really like the idea of the state government sticking its finger in the federal governments monstrous eye.

Last edited:

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    The OP's link said "Several states" are considering the same type of law, but it didn't say *which ones*. Anybody know who they all are?

Donnelly

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Cass County
    Does anyone want to make a bet that the Fed position will be that if the steel, aluminum, and/or plastic is imported into the state from another state, that the firearm produced will still be regulated by the Interstate Commerce clause?
    :xmad:

Top Bottom