• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I do not permit people to incorrectly use the word permit in the place of license unchallenged.

I do not license them to do so, either. ;)

Correct!
    Why would we not educate the proper detail when the opportunity presents itself? We don't say "the star rises in the morning and sets at night," even though that terminology is right. :twocents:

phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN
    What I'm wondering is do OC'ers call it a permit and CC'ers call it a license? Or is that reversed? I'm so confused. Actually I'm thinking that arguing about a title doesnt make much since.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    What I'm wondering is do OC'ers call it a permit and CC'ers call it a license? Or is that reversed? I'm so confused. Actually I'm thinking that arguing about a title doesnt make much since.

You are issued a license by the state... So no matter what, as in how you carry, you have a license to carry a hand gun (LTCH).

phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN
    You are issued a license by the state... So no matter what, as in how you carry, you have a license to carry a hand gun (LTCH).

I know but if someone asks if I have a CCW, I know exactly what they are referring to. I may not agree with the terminology, but if my mind automatically translates, then.............

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I know but if someone asks if I have a CCW, I know exactly what they are referring to. I may not agree with the terminology, but if my mind automatically translates, then.............

Countryside Council for Wales?
    Counter-Clockwise?
    Council of Catholic Women?
    Coastal Championship Wrestling?

I bet it's Coastal Championship Wrestling.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    No, you are "sold" a license "required" by the State so that you may exercise a Right that "shall not be infringed". So let's just call it what it is - a receipt for payment to the State for the "privilege" exercising a "right" (that one that shall not be infringed) so that you can prove to any law enforcement individuals that you actually paid for your "right" ("Yes, officer, I got my receipt right here). It IS "extortion" Because politicians and lawyers and judges just can't seem to grasp or (refuse to accept) what "shall not be infringed" actually means and extortion seems like a nice profitable business for them as long as they can get away with it. And if the State threatens to throw them in jail for refusing, they will pay. The mind boggling irony is that it is self defeating - if you throw them in jail, they cannot work. If they cannot work then they cannot earn a living and pay taxes to the State that threw them in jail. Make sense?

Last edited:

Stang51d

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 25, 2012
    Centerpoint
    To post the word "permit" here, anywhere, is a lot like posting the word "bradis" and following it with anything but your undieing love. Pretty much the same outcome.

MickeyBlueEyes

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    BFE, Indiana
    I would like to chime in here. If you type in LTCH or license to carry, it comes up with it on the state website. If you type in change of address, it brings you to the state police site and they have a change of address for carry permit...

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I just noticed if you google LTCH the first 3 hits are "Long Term Care Hospital". Pfft. Google needs to get their **** straight. At least the fourth hit is the current LTCH wait thread on INGO.

Top Bottom