• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sigblaster

Soon...
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    Overall, it's a drama set against a sci-fi backdrop. Heavy on the drama, light on the sci-fi. There are some rather illogical major details. Too many sublots introduced too early.

I might watch more, but it better improve quickly.

Plinkuh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    Ehhh, it's OK. Expected it to be sub-par, but that's alright. I just keep thinking it's a rehash of Avatar in many ways.

EDIT: Should have read Que's posts prior to posting...my fault. You get the cred though Que, for sure ;)

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Overall, it's a drama set against a sci-fi backdrop. Heavy on the drama, light on the sci-fi. There are some rather illogical major details. Too many sublots introduced too early.

this was my thought. They tried to cram WAY too much into the pilot. I liked it enough to give it another chance though..

Kedric

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Grant Co.
    I think it shows some potential, better than 90% of anything they are putting out these days (thought I freely admit that isn't saying much lol). Will give it a couple more episodes, see how it shakes out.

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    my only concern is, if the human race thrives for millions of years how do you think they will handle the extinction of the dinosaurs? i know this takes place no where near the time of the extinction but its still something that popped in my mind.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I overlooked all the obvious things, like the mentioned extinction thing and the human growth that became today's population would be different, and just tried to enjoy the sci-fi-drama.

I just hope it doesn't turn into a "what trouble to the kids get into in this episode" type show.

watkins1988

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 23, 2011
    Indy
    thats the first thing i thought. how will they survive the extiction of dinosaurs if its a major disaster that killed them?
    maybe it was adressed in the pilot i didnt watch it.

.452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    It seemed like a decent series. Watched the first ones tonight and I will watch it again. I was hoping for more dinosaur fighting, but its okay. I was digging the phaser/stun guns they used in the turrets. I want tear them apart and learn more. However I have to admit, with the lead security officer role I was thinking of avatar the whole time

warhawk77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne

Agreed there was a lot of diff subplots thrown out there.

Guessing they went back far enough not to get whipped out with the dinosaurs.

There is also the question of how long will there tech level last? At some point the stuff will start to break and with no parts all the cool gadgets are useless.

But those things aside I liked the idea and I will keep watching.

Typhon1390

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2011
    Virginia Beach, VA
    They answer the question of dinosaur extinction by saying they're in a alternate timeline because that beacon they sent back in time never reappeared in the original timeline, so kind of like the alternative timeline thing in the newest Star Trek movie. But then they turn around and contradict themselves by saying at the end the true reason for the existence of the settlement is to control the future..which is not possible given the premise..but I guess that's par for the course.

It was good enough to warrant watching again, the sixxer and conspiracy plots both need significant clarification soon. I'm actually glad it's focused on a family..at least it can't turn into Defying Gravity.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I had a hard time with their guns.

They are blasting away full auto at the "slashers" that were attacking them and there was essentially no effect. That said, why not use bigger guns? Same thing can be said about the pulse cannon type guns mounted up on the walls when the "6-ers" were coming into the settlement being chased by the dinosaurs. Other than the guys with the pulse-type cannon guns missing, when they did score a hit the dino would tumble but then get up, and be pissed.

How about using guns that KILL them? Just a thought.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    They answer the question of dinosaur extinction by saying they're in a alternate timeline because that beacon they sent back in time never reappeared in the original timeline, so kind of like the alternative timeline thing in the newest Star Trek movie. But then they turn around and contradict themselves by saying at the end the true reason for the existence of the settlement is to control the future..which is not possible given the premise..but I guess that's par for the course.

It was good enough to warrant watching again, the sixxer and conspiracy plots both need significant clarification soon. I'm actually glad it's focused on a family..at least it can't turn into Defying Gravity.

Not sure that was a contradiction I figured they were talking about controlling a new future from the beginning. OR maybe there IS another connection to the future and they plan on coming back through after whatever their plan is, is completed?

Top Bottom