• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I had a hard time with their guns.

They are blasting away full auto at the "slashers" that were attacking them and there was essentially no effect. That said, why not use bigger guns? Same thing can be said about the pulse cannon type guns mounted up on the walls when the "6-ers" were coming into the settlement being chased by the dinosaurs. Other than the guys with the pulse-type cannon guns missing, when they did score a hit the dino would tumble but then get up, and be pissed.

How about using guns that KILL them? Just a thought.

Like this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tX1iRh5abyg

DCR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    Crap, I forgot all about MNF.
    I had to stop watching it for awhile and came back to it periodically because it was just so stilted. Often the pilot gets sort of confusing and once the story gets hashed out, the writing comes around. Many of the personal interactions it seems to me have very little motivation. How is the son so gung ho on not leaving without dad and then gets his panties in a wad with dad later? There were other things that bugged me, but meh.

Typhon1390

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2011
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Not sure that was a contradiction I figured they were talking about controlling a new future from the beginning. OR maybe there IS another connection to the future and they plan on coming back through after whatever their plan is, is completed?

I figured controlling the future in their timeline was implied so I wasn't sure why they acted like that was a subversive idea, but that conspiracy to connect timelines is a good hypothesis though.

Mosineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Verdict still out!!! Wasn't really disappointed, but not really thrilled either. Has potential, and will give another shot, just hope they didn't save the best for the pilot...

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Indy East Side
    I finally got around to watching this last night. I thought the dino graphics were decent but was slightly irritated by the ineffectiveness of their weapons. The plot seems pretty cool. I'll probably watch again. Curious as to how the Sixxers are surviving with out the big containment fence.

P-Shooter

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I caught the second hour Monday night, and watched the first hour on HULU yesterday. I read in a online review that the alteration of the timeline was avoided because the "fracture" they go back in time through actually leads to prehistoric earth in a different dimension. I didn't catch that anywhere while watching, but I didn't really give it my full attention. I also read that a new writer was brought in after the pilot, so maybe things will improve. It is very pretty, but then the premiere cost 20 million so it ought to LOL. I'm sure I'll hang in for a few more episodes, or until they cancel it. Here's a nice tongue in cheek list of what else could be purchased for the price of the Terra Nova debut:

'Terra Nova': Things That Cost the Same As the $20 Million Pilot

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    We DVR'd it and watched it last night. Roadies wife may be my wife's long lost sister. Wifey turned to to me and said, "I liked it better the first time I watched it...when it was called Lost".

We'll give it another episode or two and either punt or DVR it for slow nights.

Top Bottom