• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    Before you read any of this, keep in mind, THIS WAS A DREAM none of these events actually happened...

Last night I had a dream that me and a few of my best friends were hanging out near a lake somewhere. (I usually am completely lost, but somehow know where I am in my dreams). Anyway, some strange guy came up to us and was acting very weird. Eventually he lunged at me and I put my hand on my glock 27 and said "get the f*** away from me!", but I didnt draw. He then took a few steps back. I turned around to get away, turned back around and he had some m92 looking pistol in his hand. I was completely fixated on his firearm and froze. He pointed it at me, pulled the trigger, and I woke up gasping in a sweat after a storm of bullets hit my legs thighs chest and head. I could hear my friends screaming and for a few minutes could still feel the sensation, a light pressure, where the bullets hit me.

Lessons so far: dont be afraid to draw, and dont turn your back on any threat even if you think its just some strange person being weird. It was a dream, but I realize now that sh*t like that happens real fast. You dont have the same amount of time that you do when you practice at the range.

Anyone else's opinions or "lessons" would be interesting to read and greatly appreciated.

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    Yeah I was not excited about it. I woke up and felt my legs and chest to make sure they werent bleeding and full of holes.

P.s. The red pill...

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    dreams of death mean something that is a big part of your life is about to end like a relationship, a job etc. I had dreams like this every night for months on end of being killed and other very violent dreams that I myself couldn't even believe. I was in a serious relationship at the time and when that relationship ended the dreams stopped completely. I find dreams very interesting and have researched them a lot. Some people think they mean nothing but I think that they can make accurate predictions of the future if you can interpret them right. Of course sometimes they are just replays of your internal battles and the turmoils of your life like the things you worry about or bad things that have happened. The mind is really an amazing and powerful thing.

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    Im not saying youre wrong, trust me, im not... but I play WAY too many shooter video games, watch way too many movies, and am constantly running from zombies, dinosaurs, etc. in my dreams LOL.

tyler_durden

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    Westfield
    I've had those dreams where you wake up gasping. They are awful. MW2 has definitely gave me first person shooter dreams after playing it for too many hours

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    Did you guys have zombie dreams?! I seriously do all the time. I mean... its kind of fun... in an absolutely terrifying kind of way. LOL

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    I don't think dreams like that are fun at all. Ive had one where I was dreaming I was sleeping saw a shadowy figure come into the room slowly and all of a sudden I couldn't breathe as if they were suffocating me and then all of a sudden wake up gasping for air.

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    No they arent fun... I was being sarcastic about the zombie dreams... Sounds like we all need some therapy LOL

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    lol I gotta agree about the FPS dreams. 3 hours of COD has me dreaming that I'm in the game.

as for the other dream, that sounds really scary. I haven't had a nightmare like that in a long time.

I will say this though: causes for dreams are varied. I ate too many strawberries and had dreams that I was in a horrible car crash. did it again the next day just to see... with similar results. nothing big changed in my life except the strawberry intake. Stress, diet, experiences of the day and any traumatic events can all influence your dreams.

my trouble is that I have trouble distinguishing dreams from memories sometimes. I had a dream when I was 9 that I found my favorite stuffed animal that I lost when I was 4. You have no idea the ruined that my 9yo day was when it was still gone.

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    I either dont dream or have terrible dreams. That might just be because im pessimistic and dont remember the good times... but I cant remember the last time a group of hot blonde girls asked to practice cpr or I randomly found myself behind the wheel of an m6.

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    You may want to look into the warrior dream. I've read that it's common among people who are in the defending, armed in public, etc mindset. Lots of dreams about fighting, encounters, winning, losing, etc. I started having them once I got serious about shooting. About twice a month it's a dream with a bad-guy (always different situations). I always get my gun out, but for some reason the trigger pull is SOOOO heavy I can't pull the trigger. I try and try but my finger isn't strong enough and he gets to me right as I wake up. I always dry fire my gun after to make sure it's all in my head. :) My brother started having them as soon as I introduced him to some clinch boxing, FoF ideas, and he started carrying a gun. His usually involves him dealing with a bad-guy while he's out in town with his family (3 kids). It's not that uncommon and more people than you think have this type of dream. Look into it. Nothing to be worried about. Makes me more motivated!

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I have had two dreams where I have shot people in very realistic self defense scenarios. Both times it was horrible.

The first time was the worst as I shot a young guy (19- 23) in the chest three or four times and when he fell back I ran up on him and put my hand on the wound and tried to save him. It was a situation where I needed to shoot to preserve my own life, but it was just awful, the kid lying back, sputtering and jerking and my hand pressed against his chest trying to keep the blood in, screaming for someone to call an ambulance.

The breastbone/ribs were all splintered/shattered around the bullet holes the way feathers split lengthways sometimes when broken.

He was crying and looking into my eyes when he died. Then the ambulance showed up, followed by the police. The police interviewed me and several witnesses on the scene for about an hour and then the police released me to my parents and sister.

My family took me to the hospital because the police told them they had to and then took me to get a burger. I kept breaking down crying. It went on and on for about a week (dream time), I was all screwed up and the kid's mom kept calling my house blaming me and apologizing to me and crying about how she missed her son.

It was a really bad dream.

I have also had range safety issue dreams. I won't go into them, but in the dreams, I put up with safety violations because someone else was in charge of the range and each time a young kid (9-11) accidentally got shot. I learned some important lessons in those dreams, but they were horrific.

I pay attention to my dreams because between them and the voices in my head, I stay on top of the situation.

jason867

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    112   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    New Castle
    I too have had a couple scenarios play out in my dreams after getting into guns. So has my wife, to my astonishment! She seems to have dreams about the bad guy taking her gun away from her and using it on her...

One time I had a really freaky scary dream where I was amongst a group of people when all of a sudden something possessed me (devil? demon? I don't know), pulled me and my chair to the middle of the group and started slinging me back and forth violently. I woke up begging God for his help. Really freaked me out...

My hands got clammy just typing it out just now.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    My most common gun dream is having a revolver and being in imminent danger and trying to find ammo. I open a drawer and grab a handful of coloring crayons, buttons, bottle caps, sewing thimples and other assorted junk. I believe it is all ammo but won't quite fit my gun. I've only shot someone once in a dream and it was justified but I felt very sorry for the dude after I did it. He seemed so passive and innocent afterwards that I deeply regretted it.

Top Bottom