• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Fort Wayne, IN USA
    I went to the lake this morning to take the boat out. I had my EDC with me along with all of my other guns. I walked out onto the pier to take the cover off of the boat, leaned a little and plop:eek:! Out falls my EDC right into the deep and weedy water at the end of the dock. Not wanting to be defenseless, I went back to my Jeep and grabbed another gun.
    Back on the dock, still trying to take the cover off when, plop:eek:! I did it again!
    This time I had to bring a rifle due to the fact I only had two handguns. With it slung on my shoulder, I went about taking the cover off my boat again. This time the rifle was poking me and I was straining the sling, so I set it on the edge of the boat while I finished taking off the cover.
    Just then a boat drives by, causing me to wave and my elbow hits the rifle knocking it into the water:eek:
    At this point I grab my only shotgun as it is all I have left and start driving for the boat ramp. About half way there the engine stalls. With no paddle, I had to improvise. I used the shotgun to paddle the rest of the way to the ramp.
    Just as I got to the ramp, the same darn boat drives by. As I wave to them, my last gun slips below the water, never to be seen again.:crying:
    So let this be a lesson, always check your pockets for holes, never lean a rifle on a seat in a boat:nono:, and stop waving at everyone on the water.:welcome:

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    I anecdote was entertaining I suppose, but I'll never fully understand the whole "boating accident" thing. Doesn't this theory go almost exactly against what everyone on here preaches.

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Im starting to wonder if the lakes have some sort of force field that pulls in weapons... So weird. Mine are at the bottom of a lake, and sadly enough I dont have any scuba gear.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    I anecdote was entertaining I suppose, but I'll never fully understand the whole "boating accident" thing. Doesn't this theory go almost exactly against what everyone on here preaches.

the boating accident is a joke making refrence to the Sudden rise in reports of guns being lost in Canadian boating accidents right after their gun registery went into effect..

Top Bottom