• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    I haven't seen this attack reported too widely yet, but the Navy did debunk a recent meme about the guard and the attacker engaging in a gun battle: https://www.kiiitv.com/article/news...ided/503-540cf396-1b9d-40b5-a3e5-abaecbaad5d1

"On Thursday, just after 6 a.m, Alsahli allegedly drove up to the north gate of Naval Air Station- Corpus Christi, drew a handgun, and fired at a Military Policewoman, striking her ballistic vest, according to government officials.

That MP has been released from the hospital and is recovering, according to officials.

The FBI is investigating the shooting as terror-related, and shortly after the shooting, law enforcement combed through neighborhoods, asking neighbors about houses that were owned or rented by Alsahli or his family.

Officials close to the investigation are saying Alsahli made social media posts expressing support for extremist groups like Al-Qaeda and the jihadist ideology."

Redskinsfan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Thanks for that post with the link to the news story. My son was stationed there about two years ago but he is now in Camp Pendleton. I have been concerned about these attacks. I did not tell my wife about this one, two attacks makes a pattern. Her worry won't help a thing, so I am sparing her that.

Top Bottom