• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    I’m resurrecting this thread now that the Cybertruck is close to production-ready. Has anyone been following the development of this vehicle?

Some of the prototypes seen in California and Texas looked pretty rough around the edges but the latest pictures make the thing look pretty well put together.

I’m getting excited to see the first deliveries and real-world reviews. I’ll wait another couple years for them to iron out the bugs and make refinements before my number comes up.

Lots of close-ups in this video:

thanks for posting the video. Too bad its "author" didn't edit it to remove the background sound and put in some commentary about what he was showing,

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Neighbor has an F150 lightning for a work truck. He took me for a quick spin around the block. That thing will move and put you back in the seat real quick. Scary actually and I can imagine an inexperienced driver getting in trouble real quick with one.

I imagine it also eats tires.

He said the model he has has low range and if it's on just a regular charger it takes forever for low gain back in miles. On the high power chargers he said or does much better. Said he wouldn't buy one for those reasons.

Nice looking and well outfitted truck inside.
    IIRC, the interior is largely that of an ICE F150. The Lightening just weighs a hell of a lot more than the ICE version.

Percolater

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    I’m thinking the LLC buys it, and then you sell the entire LLC so Tesla is none the wiser who owns it. What is it $35 for an LLC. Legal?

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder. And I don’t have to hold too many beers to know I like it. I don’t know if I’ll be able to afford it with my number comes up, but I do like it.
    OK, you're right, to each his own - I have no problem with that. Knock yourself out and get one.

But to me it looks like an aborted DeLorean. I don't see the utility in it, it has Lamborghini-esq visibilty not a good thing in a truck imo and won't likely be useful for many trucky things and overpriced.

I just don't see the appeal, but I AM a lemming when it come to EV's. Do-not-want.

Personally I'm looking for a 70-80 Toyota JF40 Landcruiser to restore and convert to diesel power so I can make my own bio-diesel to power it if necessary and can be repaired with as few as 15 tools on hand on the trail.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Biggest issue I see with it is recharging when you are hauling. There is no charging station that is going to be accessible to a truck towing a trailer.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Since you are replying in absolutes by saying there are none, here is a list of drive-through supercharger stations:

Your move…
    Well, you got me. There are a smattering of them, and that list says a lot of them won't really be good choices for a trailer.

So really it is going to be a total PITA to haul a trailer long distance. Realistically you are talking about dropping the trailer to charge in the vast majority of cases.

For me, an EV is really awesome when you are driving relatively local all the time. I doubt I will take mine on any trip where I have to charge to get where I want to go.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Well, you got me. There are a smattering of them, and that list says a lot of them won't really be good choices for a trailer.

So really it is going to be a total PITA to haul a trailer long distance. Realistically you are talking about dropping the trailer to charge in the vast majority of cases.

For me, an EV is really awesome when you are driving relatively local all the time. I doubt I will take mine on any trip where I have to charge to get where I want to go.
    Are you getting a CT or do you already own an EV? I don’t see dropping the trailer if necessary being a really big deal to recharge. Not the most convenient thing in the world, but certainly doable.

As I’ve said before, I don’t want the Cybertruck for it’s utility or it’s “save the planet” fallacy. I want it because I think it looks cool and it hauls ass.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Are you getting a CT or do you already own an EV? I don’t see dropping the trailer if necessary being a really big deal to recharge. Not the most convenient thing in the world, but certainly doable.

As I’ve said before, I don’t want the Cybertruck for it’s utility or it’s “save the planet” fallacy. I want it because I think it looks cool and it hauls ass.
    I have an EV. Bought a KIA EV6 GT last March.

You don't want to be dropping a trailer if you are hauling livestock. We have a 30' horse trailer, and the last thing I would want to do if going to a show somewhere would be to have to drop the trailer with the horses in it.

I bought mine for similar reasons to yours. Mine just hauls more ass than the truck. :): I love the thing. INstand throttle response is awesome.

Get your charger and have it installed before you get the truck.
    1701407692619.png

Top Bottom