• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stormryder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Batesville IN
    I was just wondering, has anyone ever take their BOB and hit the "field" to see how well prepared they were?
    Like during this cold/wet/miserable season.

I only ask after going thru some old American Survival Guides and finding an article about a group that did just that.

Basicly, the group leader calls them out of the blue, they grab their BOB, and meet for a three day weekend in the field using only what was in their BOB.

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    I think many have done some sort of BOB shake down run. I know of some that have and had a "come pick us up" person standing by incase they fail or the weather turns nasty or in case of a family emergency.

If you have a group it would be a good idea like you mentioned, a panic drill..

Good luck,

TJ

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We did this a few weekends back. Myself and 3 like minded friends rolled out on friday arriving at the BOL at different times. It was mid 30's when we set up using only our BOB's and the GHB in the vehicles. There was a good stack of wood at the BOB which made it easier on us. We all found things that we needed to address.
    One thing we learned is there is strength in numbers. Not just defensive but in having what you need. No one packs the same way. What I needed, was there in someones gear and vice-versa.

Electronrider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    White County
    You should see the look on your wife's face when you come home Friday evening, turn off the main breaker to the house and say: "Surprise honey, prep test weekend!":D

WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I have done this for about 20 years now, and still do every year, in all seasons, mixing it up, testing myself along with new gear.

Top Bottom