• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    OK all, let's meet at the Capital Building, Saturday at noon, January 19, 2013.

Pass a law similar to Texas and Wyoming and then how about we start deputizing civilians to help support our Local Sheriff in support of that law. Most laws do not work because the support is not there.

Me? I can hardly walk, but I could work as a Jailer. :>)

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    It only protects guns made and kept in Wyoming, it really does nothing unless the guns were made in your state

SB2

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2012
    Morgan County
    It only protects guns made and kept in Wyoming, it really does nothing unless the guns were made in your state

Really? The bill – HB0104 – states that “any federal law which attempts to ban a semi-automatic firearm or to limit the size of a magazine of a firearm or other limitation on firearms in this state shall be unenforceable in Wyoming.”

Fedempl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    McCordsville
    We all need to come together and get Gov. Pence and our legislators to actively pass this law. We also to actively pursue the gun manufactures in New Russia (York) to bring their business here. Would definitely help our economy.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    While I have no problem with the Texas Legislature shooting the middle finger at the Feds, that's about all Rep Toth's potential bill, as described in the linked article, would do. The federal courts will toss out any attempt by the states to prevent federal agents from enforcing federal law -- it won't pass Constitutional muster.

However, another bill that is much more interesting has actually been filed for this year's legislature.

HB 533 by Representative Otto also purports to criminalize federal agent's attempts to enforce certain federal gun laws, executive orders, regulations and the like. Like I said, that is a political statement but it ain't gonna fly legally.

However, what will be enforceable is the provisions that make it an offense for any Texas Peace Officer, State Officer, or state employee or public servant to enforce or assist in enforcing federal gun laws. That apparently would extend to even giving office space, giving the feds maps, or letting them use the phone. :):

This gives rank and file cops a solid base to tell both the feds and their big city squishy police chiefs "NO" when directed to do the fed's work. Even in Texas, the big cities' councils are full of Democrats who hire (often) out of state big city police chiefs who do not share basic Texan respect for the 2A. Similarly, big city elected DAs are sometimes a problem. Houston had one that was a real PITA for gun owners until he got caught with some naughty emails. (His replacement is much more reasonable).

Top Bottom