• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    Point out to the kid's mom's that bees are a matriarchal society and to interfere with one would political suicide, then charge double...

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Google Texas hog hunting, and you'll see why they're overrun with hogs. There are hundreds of places charging ridiculous prices for something that is such a problem. I have a hard time feeling sorry for them.
    There is a whole industry for hunting these hogs and the industry charges absurd prices for hog hunts. I, too, have little sympathy for these alleged farm owners who cry that the pigs are harming their farms but gladly charge hunters hundreds and hundreds of dollars for a 3 or 4 day hog hunt and then limit each to a couple of hogs. Bravo Sierra on these “poor farmers”. Sorry!

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    There is a whole industry for hunting these hogs and the industry charges absurd prices for hog hunts. I, too, have little sympathy for these alleged farm owners who cry that the pigs are harming their farms but gladly charge hunters hundreds and hundreds of dollars for a 3 or 4 day hog hunt and then limit each to a couple of hogs. Bravo Sierra on these “poor farmers”. Sorry!

Exactly. They should be paying the hunters for the service.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Maybe it's time to take them off the list of animals requiring hunting licenses altogether and just name them a nuisance that can be killed anytime anywhere by anyone.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    New York City called, they want me to pay $600 to come shoot their rats for them.....

Could head to NOLA and shoot nutria, instead.

[video=youtube_share;8TU_IZzxNyQ]http://youtu.be/8TU_IZzxNyQ[/video]

[video=youtube;HzjgWwqho-E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzjgWwqho-E[/video]

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I've seen this several times in this thread already. Texas is more concerned about profiting off the problem than they are about eliminating the problem. They don't want to eliminate the problem. It could easily be eliminated, but it's not about eliminating the problem, it's about the money.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    We used to hunt them off the family farm when I was a teenager. This is nothing new to Indiana.

I remember seeing home movies at our next door neighbor's as a kid showing them hunting hogs on horseback with bow and arrow. Not sure if it was from southern Indiana or Tennessee (where they were from) though. They were on horseback, not the hogs. ;)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I remember seeing home movies at our next door neighbor's as a kid showing them hunting hogs on horseback with bow and arrow. Not sure if it was from southern Indiana or Tennessee (where they were from) though. They were on horseback, not the hogs. ;)

Our farm was in Putnam county. They were there before the depression. The fencing back then was very sparce and the hogs used to get out and had to be gathered back up as the stories go. Not all of them were found so they lived in the huge wooded tracts between the fields.
    We would get 4 or 5 every year.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    The scariest thing I ever did on my own (not counting military service) was hog hunting in Florida. Underbrush has a whole different meaning down there. You can walk all day and never see anything below your armpits. Hearing them but not seeing them, that will remove all notions of being a tough guy...

Top Bottom