Texas man to Feds: Take my missile launcher, please!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JByer323

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    Jarrette Schule was cutting down trees on his rural property Tuesday in Comal County north of San Antonio when he noticed a green metallic tube on the muddy ground.

“I had never seen it before,” said Schule, a 34-year-old Web developer. “I looked at it, and it kind of looked like a missile launcher.”

Schule took a closer look. It was a long, forest-green metal tube. A decal on it read: “Guided Missile and Launcher, Surface Attack.”

The discovery was the start of a surreal journey for Schule. Somehow, an unarmed anti-tank weapon — or a very good fake — wound up on his land at Beck Road and Kirk Lane in the Hill Country, miles away from a military installation.

The launcher was deep in the wooded property far from the road, in an area he was familiar with.

“I don't know if it fell out of something or if somebody just dumped it,” Schule said. “There's some crazy whitetail hunters around here. Maybe they're going overboard?”

Continue Reading

Thought I would share. :D

1032JBT

LEO and PROUD of it.......even if others aren't
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville
    Oh come on, don't for a second tell me that someone on this board wouldn't try to OC that thing?? :dunno:

Just kidding of course.........:D

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    I have to admit, it would have been a very tempting acquisition... now that would be some survival gear...

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Indian-noplace
    wow! What a find. I wish I could have found it. Its hard to believe it took the military that long to come get it.

Doesn't surprise me one bit. I know a commercial diver off the west coast that found 2 cruise missiles off the coast of California. Only after he located and flagged them did the coast guard & navy come out.

Turns out they had been sitting down there for over 10 years - "location unknown."

If the military can "lose" a guided cruise missile, I'm sure it can "lose" other things.

Awesome find by the property owner - not sure if I would have called the military until I did some recon lol......

nighthawk80

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Trafalger
    Schule said. “There's some crazy whitetail hunters around here. Maybe they're going overboard?”

Sounds like this is a very knowlegable guy. I mean can't you just go to a local gunshow and pic one of these up? I'm sure that this is the next fad in hunting, the new Ultra Magnum hunting rounds.:dunno::D

Where's the dang sarcastic smilely?

eatsnopaste

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    South Bend
    I heard this same argument when living in Texas and riding around in a friends pick-up...he hit a bump and his pistol fell from under the dash and slid around the pedals..."where did that come from"!!!!! uh huh....

El Cazador

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    NW Hendricks CO
    I couldn't tell from the article; did it have live ordnance, or was it just a launcher? If it didn't have live ordnance, I don't know if I'd turn it in. It's not like the local gunshop has a ready supply of Dragon missiles on the shelf. It's an obsolete war artifact isn't it?

El Cazador

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    NW Hendricks CO
    What are you doing with that rocket launcher? going squirrel huntin!!! too funny.

Me? Oh, I'd probably stick it in the corner of the shop and add to the clutter, I guess. Or hang it over the fireplace and put a sign under it saying "In case of emergency..."

The gubmint didn't seem to want it back too bad.

Top Bottom