• ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Ironic, huh?

Texicans promise to speak Spanish as a condition of their being allowed to live in Texas and years late they are yelling at people for speaking Spanish.:D

History is very funny.:twocents:

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    congress has needed to make english the official language for a long time. im getting tired of immigrants not speaking English. be proud to be here and be american or get the **** out you tards or we will start tossing you out,

the guy was speaking spanish on purpose thats why the woman whispered something to him and then he once again started speaking spanish

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I agree we need to make American English our national language. When my ancestors came to this country, the head of the family demanded that everyone start speaking English. From what I was told he got very angry when he heard someone use their former language.

Funny story about people speaking Spanish thinking no one will understand. Was with my daughter at a fast food eatery a while back, and after ordering, one of the not-so-gentleman behind the counter said something to another in Spanish. My daughter replied perfectly in their language, and evidently read them the riot act in a language that they understood. Little did they know that there are some USA Americans that are very fluent in Spanish! Funny that when we got to the register, the manager gave us our meal free!

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    That video is proof that the people who emigrated here and learn english do not use it, just to make things for difficult for the english speaking population. I'm glad the guy called him out on it.

The founding fathers made a lot of mistakes, but there largest one was not establishing a National Language. I'm sick of these guys wasting peoples time by not speaking english. It reminds me of when I was in high school and the school had to have a translator so they could ask questions and have them answered.

It's all getting so out of hand.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    That video is proof that the people who emigrated here and learn english do not use it, just to make things for difficult for the english speaking population. I'm glad the guy called him out on it.

The founding fathers made a lot of mistakes, but there largest one was not establishing a National Language. I'm sick of these guys wasting peoples time by not speaking english. It reminds me of when I was in high school and the school had to have a translator so they could ask questions and have them answered.

It's all getting so out of hand.
    i just wanna kick them in their face. it seriously pisses me off that bad. anytime im out and i hear them speaking with a "unit" in their mouth, i turn and tell them "bla bla bla bla bla, english *****es" then every once in a while i will get these foreign speaking ****ers call me on my phone and ask to talk to some other pole smoker in their native tongue. i tell them to get the "unit" out of their mouth and start speaking english too. I hate people who speak other languages when this is an ENGLISH COUNTRY. i dont care if they agree with me or not, they can kiss my ass on this. im adamant about this. its an insult

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    I agree. We should definitely amend the constitution to adopt the Queen's English as our official language.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    What difference would a "National Language" make? Are you having trouble understanding all the U.S. Congressmen who speak their native Spanish? Are there too many official U.S. documents written in Spanish and it just makes your blood boil that you can't read them in English?

Or does it mean something else to have a National Language?

Should we arrest people who speak other languages?

Should we create a Department of Language Enforcement?

Maybe run some SWAT raids on those English-hating scumbags? Make them change their foreign names while we're at it!

Where is this idea going exactly?

Do you trust your beloved Congressmen to pass the "National Language Act of 2012" which will probably be 800 pages long and contain God knows what!? NO!

NO NEW LAWS.

If you hate foreign languages that much, don't do business with people who speak them in your presence. That's the free-market answer that doesn't involve any fascism.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    There is a simple solution: Stop providing interpreters for any other languages and stop printing government forms in other languages. IF he pays for his own interpreter, I see no problem with letting him speak in any language he chooses. The business of government should be in the language our country primarily speaks, the language in which our Founding documents were penned, spelling and grammatical differences ("chuse", for example) notwithstanding.

"In the first place we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the man's becoming in very fact an American, and nothing but an American. If he tries to keep segregated with men of his own origin and separated from the rest of America, then he isn't doing his part as an American. There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag, and this excludes the red flag, which symbolizes all wars against liberty and civilization, just as much as it excludes any foreign flag of a nation to which we are hostile. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language, for we intend to see that the crucible turns our people out as Americans, of American nationality, and not as dwellers in a polyglot boarding house; and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."
    --Former President Theodore Roosevelt, 1/3/1919

Blessings,
    Bill

Top Bottom