Texas transplant in Indiana, or another "Hi, I'm the FNG!" thread...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Texican

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2016
    Portage
    As the title says, I'm new here. I've been lurking for a while, especially whilst waiting for my LTCH to clear ISP. Great place y'all have here... I look forward to learning more about firearms, as well as enjoying the conversations.

Texican

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2016
    Portage
    Thanks for the heads up. I will check my scheduling and see if anything comes together. I always enjoy meeting fellow gun enthusiasts!

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Apparently, I'm a glutton for punishment... All kidding aside, this area isn't terrible, but it's certainly not the South.

Hey, I love it here too, but this time of year is not when we put our best foot forward. Just enough snow to make you miserable, but not enough to go have some fun.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I believe Indiana and Texas share gun laws now.

Texas is getting better that's for certain (finally eliminated the dress code requirement), but Indiana is much freer.

No 51% signs, no booze prohibitions, universal recognition of all other states and foreign countries, lifetime licenses, no classes, inter alia.

Now, if I could do something about all these people who act like they live in Chicago...

You mean the faculty lounges at Indiana University?:D

Texican

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2016
    Portage
    Texas is getting better that's for certain (finally eliminated the dress code requirement), but Indiana is much freer.

No 51% signs, no booze prohibitions, universal recognition of all other states and foreign countries, lifetime licenses, no classes, inter alia.

You mean the faculty lounges at Indiana University?:D

Ok, you hit the nail on the head with all the restrictions, but common sense is a rare thing these days. No, a lot of these people here in NWI are just so... busy. I'm used to taking time to get places, enjoying life, and enjoying those around me. It just seems like everyone up here is in such a hurry all the time...

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Welcome to the group!

:welcome:

Funny as you are from Texas to Indiana, my daughter just went to Texas from here, although her term is temporary as she is currently in Wichita Falls Sheppards AFB until September or so, then who knows where.

Anyway, welcome to the site, welcome to the state and enjoy!!!!

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    As the title says, I'm new here. I've been lurking for a while, especially whilst waiting for my LTCH to clear ISP. Great place y'all have here... I look forward to learning more about firearms, as well as enjoying the conversations.

You British? :dunno:

:welcome:

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Welcome to INGO!

Ok, you hit the nail on the head with all the restrictions, but common sense is a rare thing these days. No, a lot of these people here in NWI are just so... busy. I'm used to taking time to get places, enjoying life, and enjoying those around me. It just seems like everyone up here is in such a hurry all the time...

Ha! Don't try NY/NJ. Indiana is slow compared to them.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    No, a lot of these people here in NWI are just so... busy. I'm used to taking time to get places, enjoying life, and enjoying those around me. It just seems like everyone up here is in such a hurry all the time.

Got stuff to do and people to see. You'll adapt just fine.

NWI has an enormous concentration of some of the best breweries in the world, so take time and enjoy.:D

You British? :dunno:

INGO Fun Fact: The Southern accent is simply a slower English accent.

Texican

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2016
    Portage
    I have been to several of the breweries, and love most...

Also, I am awaiting the day I hear someone say: "Y'all hear what that there Queen is fixin' ta do?"

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom